Accommodation in Edinburgh

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chrystal Posts: 863
Going here over the summer for a few days. Struggling to find somewhere decent to stay, a lot of places booked out already. Anyone have any suggestions for hotels, guesthouses, b&bs please?
livadia Posts: 351
Christel, Try Jury's Inn Edinburgh on Jeffrey Street. Very central, clean, basic rooms, nice restaurant in the hotel. According to their website they currently have on offer £79 for stays between the 1st June and the 31st August. HTH, Livadia
Thanks. Just tried that for the dates I want and its not available. :o( Any other personal recommendations please?
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Travelodge?? There's one bang in the centre and one about 10 mins walk away. Basic accomodation but reasonably priced and rooms very big & clean when we were there. It's a couple years back now.
sapphire09 Posts: 393
I stayed in the Apex International [url:2w3qiylw]http://www.apexhotels.co.uk/hotels/edinburgh-international[/url:2w3qiylw]recently and couldn't recommend it enough, fab rooms and it's right across the road from the Castle, our room was facing the castle and the view was amazing. It's in a great location, so central. The breakfast was lovely, didn't use the pool or anything like that so can't comment. I'd definitely stay there again if only just for the location. HTH xx
[quote="sapphire09":7r6rb53x]I stayed in the Apex International [url:7r6rb53x]http://www.apexhotels.co.uk/hotels/edinburgh-international[/url:7r6rb53x]recently and couldn't recommend it enough, fab rooms and it's right across the road from the Castle, our room was facing the castle and the view was amazing. It's in a great location, so central. The breakfast was lovely, didn't use the pool or anything like that so can't comment. I'd definitely stay there again if only just for the location. HTH xx[/quote:7r6rb53x] Thanks Sapphire. The Apex international is booked out, like most, for the dates I'm looking for. However, the Apex European is available. Any recommendations on this one?
[quote="Jane Smith":1imu8t8b]Travelodge?? There's one bang in the centre and one about 10 mins walk away. Basic accomodation but reasonably priced and rooms very big & clean when we were there. It's a couple years back now.[/quote:1imu8t8b] Thanks, this is available so will go with this if I can't get anything else. As they only have standard rooms, set prices, it works out quite expensive to book two rooms for two people, but its a good option all the same. O-O
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
We stayed in the Barcelo Carlton hotel ,really central Not quite sure of price range cos we knew someone who got us a special offer, but it's a lovely hotel, really central. Our room was huge! And the bar has half price cocktails for happy hour!
[quote="sugarandspice":37zyn7vy]We stayed in the Barcelo Carlton hotel ,really central Not quite sure of price range cos we knew someone who got us a special offer, but it's a lovely hotel, really central. Our room was huge! And the bar has half price cocktails for happy hour![/quote:37zyn7vy] Again this one is not available. O:| I must have picked the busiest days in the year to go to Edinburgh.
livadia Posts: 351
[quote="Christel":14xhys3h] Again this one is not available. O:| I must have picked the busiest days in the year to go to Edinburgh.[/quote:14xhys3h] What dates are you looking for, Christel? Livadia