Accord pre-marriage course

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Aout Posts: 36
Hi Girls Anyone do the Accord pre-marriage course in Ballinasloe or Galway? Any feedback on it??
coolkat Posts: 194
We did ours in Navan and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. :o)ll
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We did ours in Dublin & we enjoyed it! I think it's one of those classic situations where you get out of it what you put into it. If you go in thinking it will be crap then I imagine it will be, if you go in open-minded I reckon you'll enjoy it!!
Lunasa68 Posts: 274
Its looking like we have to do the Accord one aswell. Have you to speak much or is it more or less up to urself to partake in the discussions??
ohsotired Posts: 7071
No there's little to no speaking. Most of the work is done between yourself & H2B. For 2 or 3 exercises we were put in groups but there was nothing major discussed - it was things like what do you expect from the course etc. Also the lads & girls were split up on the first night to put together a list of what they expect from husband/wife - it was a good laugh!
cax Posts: 258
We done ours with accord also... just make sure your priest wants you to do it! Some priests dont mind if it is done or not. I was up with my priest last week and i gave him our cert we got from the course and he told me i didnt have to do it as it was only a money racket! Im sorry i didnt check with him before i done the bloomin' thing! :duh: :wv
pinklady2 Posts: 402
We have to do ours with Accord aswell.. Cax it is good to hear about a priest who is up with the modern times we live in. I think the same it is all money. I think after ten yrs together we both know what we want and we do not need a pre marriage course to tell us that. :)
LullaBelle11 Posts: 1159
I'm doing mine tonight so i'll let you know how it is then! Am not looking forward to it!! :-8