Aches and pains in pregnancy.. is this normal?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

preghopes Posts: 468
Hi ladies Just looking to see what you think. I have aches and pain in arms, legs, bum... back not so bad at all.. my legs are the worst! I feel like II have muscle aches everywhere! My arm muscles even feel sore to touch! The pains in my legs are like growing pains that just wont go.. is this normal or should I be getting it checked out?
Luka Posts: 1904
Hi Preghopes. How far along are you? I'm 25 weeks now & I get different pains sometimes, I get spasms in my thighs, especially the right. I had something similiar when pregnant with DS, I knew it was ligament/muscle related. I get some backpain too & if I'm tired I do feel it in my bump, it gets hard & crampy on the sides, like all the ligaments are pulling. Also some rib pain as my womb expands upwards. Sorry if that sounds like a terrible catalogue of diseases, but Aches & pains are all a part of pregnancy, There's so much going on it's be very unusual not to have some ailments. I imagine if you have severe pain or bleeding you should see your GP asap, but if not, just mention what you are feeling at your next pregnancy check up. Best of luck!