Ad on telly

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

buddylove Posts: 3288
Does anyone else find that Always ultra ad where the ST is riding on the mechanical bull absolutely disturbing. I get the point but that meeting of the marketing / advertising team would have been a laugh!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I hate that ad! It's crap. They could have come up with something better surely?? I get the analogy but it would nearly put me off buying the product as it's such a bad ad.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I remember seeing that ad for the first time - I had to pick my jaw up off the floor. Its so ridiculous, surely they can get their point across without people having to watch a bull-riding sanitary pad.
mrsdodders... Im so glad im not alone on this... Its completely ridiculous... And defo an ad designed by a group of men! SSF... I just burst into laughter at that post!!
lux Posts: 6270
I hate ALL sanitory products, its like the second you period arrives is when you get active, wear white from head to toe and generally feel like a milllion dollars. People how come up with those ads don't have periods.
Ya im like a bull with my bad moods during ttom and barely want to get out of bed so the last thing i would like to do is ride a mechanical bull ! That ad just drives me mental.. And do they not realise how mortifying it is when youre watching eastenders with your dad and this ad comes on... Talk about trying to avoid eye contact!
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
I really don't like the Tampax Pearl ad either. I'm not prudish but this one really makes me cringe. Plus yer one in it reminds of someone from Liberty X.
lux Posts: 6270
Oh I hate that one, the older lady in it has the worst "posh" accent ever and I love pearls, don't need to associate them with my vagina thanks very much.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Yeah I hate the ST ads where the caption is "have a happy period" Really? With a friggin ST stuck between my legs all day, hot, faint, bloated, spotty and hormonal??? Yeah I'll have a great f*****g period- thanks O:| O:| O:| O:|
Oh those tampax pearl ads are stupid!!! I agree that the old lady has the worst posh accent ever!!!!!!!!!! Jeepers these ads are actually insulting to us women! O:|