Menu

addicted to buying christmas decorations

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happywife Posts: 1575
is there a meeting you can go to for chrsitmas decoration addicts!! went into town last night and spent another €60 on decorations have loads already its getting out of hand I cant pass them without looking and then have to buy them - always have a real tree full of baubles and then actual decorations scattered troughout its always full so dont even know why I'm buying them - hubby says I hava a problem!! :o0 :o0 :-8
dreamer Posts: 3941
Hmmmm - sounds familiar alright!!!
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
We should form a group :o0 Its the only shopaholic part of me
shobie Posts: 1437
Do you change colours and themes every year? My mum does this (very nicely I might add- she's very creative!) and as a result we have decorations in every colour under the sun. It's great actually, there is always great excitement to find out whats the colour this year. This year its red and purple. Very funky. Have to say I love buying them too..... :-8 Just think they are the inheritence for your kids!
Thats what I tell myself!!! My future kids will just love them!!!! This year, I'm silver and blue. Did anybody go to the new CHQ shopping mall - there are 12 Christmas trees there designed by the likes of Ciaran Sweeney, Helen McAlinden, Kevin Sharkey!!! I think I could give them a run for their money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
no dont change colour have it in pale gold & silver - very particular that its not the harsh coloured gold though - sad I know - yeah love buying the actual decorations of santas/snomen/angels or whatever I have a few from my parents tree on mine and its lovely keep them in seperate box when I pack them up not to break them -
Munster DJ Hire
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
[quote="dreamer":1vmoe7bt]Thats what I tell myself!!! My future kids will just love them!!!! This year, I'm silver and blue. [b:1vmoe7bt]Did anybody go to the new CHQ shopping mall [/b:1vmoe7bt]- there are 12 Christmas trees there designed by the likes of Ciaran Sweeney, Helen McAlinden, Kevin Sharkey!!! I think I could give them a run for their money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:1vmoe7bt] I drove by CHQ yesterday morning , i'm defo checking it out . I nearly sprained my neck trying to see what was in there
whats chq?? excuse my ignorance
shobie Posts: 1437
[quote="dreamer":d68kd1wk] This year, I'm silver and blue.[/quote:d68kd1wk] Snap here's your twin!! H2B starting to moan saying I dont need to buy anymore but Bah what does he know!
There's not a lot of shops yet buy there is a Meadows & Byrne!! Happywife, CHQ is the old warehouse building down in the IFSC - used to be a wine and tobacco warehouse in the old days! Was lying idle for years but has been renovated in to a shopping mall. The owners/investors are aiming to attract retailers from the higher end of the spectrum, hence there is a Ciaran Sweeney shop, a New Blue Eriu beauty store, some rather expensive looking baby clothes shop! Not terribly exciting but.....different