Admin job in Public Sector advertised

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Desiderata Posts: 286
Just got an email about this job, I am not looking but I know plenty are:
jen09 Posts: 1390
Got it myself this morning; my friend told me they are looking to take on approx 1500 staff nationwide on temp contracts with possibility of going perm.
May09Bride Posts: 1050
Hi There, Just wanted to say thanks, got made redundant at Xmas and even though the wages are not great its more than the dole and it was really nice of you to think of others. :thnk
kittypurry Posts: 897
thank you putting this up i am looking for a job at the moment and i applied for that one...hopefully i get something ;o)
LadyMary Posts: 1050
I just went on, thanks for the info on it. Silly Question coming now???? How do you apply for it? it mentioned a Questionaire, where can we download this and is this all you sent in? NO CV Sorry, i'm LadyMary and i'm blond. :o0
Got it now :wv
disney08 Posts: 575
[quote="jen09":32pgjqzt]Got it myself this morning; my friend told me they are looking to take on approx 1500 staff nationwide on temp contracts with possibility of going perm.[/quote:32pgjqzt] This temp work comes up every summer, it's mainly filling in for people on parental/termtime leave. A few get brought back as permanent but honestly I cant see that happening this year. Our office has lost 1/3 of it's staff and we were told they're not being replaced..(not even with summer people). It is a handy job for a few months though, best of luck to all of ye who apply O:o)
really, thanks for that disney08. I'm in a job now that is secure for the minute after months of 3 days/paycuts etc.. My money is more than what they offering, but we have crap holidays were i work, no sick days and mat leave is disasterous. So i thought if the public sector were recruiting it would be great, but i'd need to be permanent for obvious reasons. Great number for those out of work as there is the chance of been made permanent.
Desiderata Posts: 286
Also, even if it isnt made permanent, once you are in you can apply for all of the internal jobs that are advertised (before they are advertised externally) so you wont be competing with anyone outside of where you work. This is the case where I work in any case.