Admin-PLEASE sort out the spam posters!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
Its seriously annoying. You click into a topic and some random portion of a post is quoted not even as a quote but as a new post with the stupid little box underneath. How are these posters able to register? I've reported loads of them and still they pop up! I know its not a massive earth shattering problem but its so head wrecking!!
PearlBaby Posts: 532
Huge +1
boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
+100000000 As i said over on the P&B thread, Admin could sort this out easily by just requiring a valid email address upon registering, and a need to go to that email and click a confirmation link to complete registration. Problem solved, cos spammers wont be as quick to create loads of fake email accounts, and as it stands you can make up any old email address to register. O:| O:|
CarolinaMoon Posts: 2431
I have suggested previously that there is a seven day cooling off period before a new member can post after joining. It would also help avoid some of the trolls that appear to dig at certain members.
Happily Ever After Posts: 547
Oh please Admin!!!!
HippyChic Posts: 1812
I'm just waiting for one of the spam posters to quote one of these posts :o0
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Huge +1 but I doubt anything will be done.
SandyClaws Posts: 3108
[quote="HippyChic":16ze6skt]I'm just waiting for one of the spam posters to quote one of these posts :o0[/quote:16ze6skt] Thinks
Anne Cordelia Shirley Posts: 4731
[quote="HippyChic":2cd6cisy]I'm just waiting for one of the spam posters to quote one of these posts :o0[/quote:2cd6cisy] I'm half waiting for it myself!!!
HippyChic Posts: 1812
Oh, I see the religious nuts have also started in...women and perfume, holy prophet...give me patience! O:|