advertising

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bellablack Posts: 261
has anyone else got ad's for a "no-strings attached relationship" website in the right hand side of the page?? strikes me as an odd thing to advertise on a wedding website, no?
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
Did anyone ever find out the mysterious shocking tip to kill belly fat?
Weird Cat Lady Posts: 3501
And since we're on the subject of shameless advertising, here's my mate's new book: A real tour de force on a subject close to our all our spleens. You will find much solace and solidarity here. If you buy it, the author might scrape enough dosh to pay the cartoonist. This is real live publishing folks. Be a part of it. Support your fellow put-upons. (Sorry bellablack)
MrQ Posts: 1085
bellablack, You do realise that Google ads pop up, not just because of WOL.ie, but because your browser allows adverts and I hate to break the bad news to you but: It provides you adverts because of either sites you have viewed(provides you related sites) or google searches you have made. :eek I run Mozilla Firefox with Adblock Plus attached to it so I never ever see ads. ;o)
no i didnt actually know that google controlled the adds that pop up on the right hand side, i thought they were all suppilers of wedding on line because they are normally all wedding related. i dont know if the connection between the thing that have been looked up and things that appear in the ads is right because i know that ive never looked that up or anything like it. but also things like band ads and photograhy ads etc come up all the time and i have never looked them up either because they all came with our package. we never wanted a band so never look them up!! i just thought it was a strange add to come up, i want giving out about it or anything, just wondering if anyone else thought the same, didnt mean to have anyone be annoyed about itr!
Sassypants Posts: 4461
That is strange. I just get wedding related things, I assumed these were suppliers and not google ads. I'm confused!
[quote="Sassypants":6idixbod]That is strange. I just get wedding related things, I assumed these were suppliers and not google ads. I'm confused![/quote:6idixbod] thats what i thought, but i have adds about random girls and no strings attached relationships with them! i know i definatly was never looking up no strings attached relatioships with women :o0 :o0
MrQ Posts: 1085
I was joking. :o0 Results on Facebook and Gmail etc are result orientated( I assume ) but the results here are probably adspace. I was just winding you up so you'd get freaked out whats being googled on your computer.
Sassypants Posts: 4461
[quote="MrQ":1nkw7rmf]I was joking. :o0 Results on Facebook and Gmail etc are result orientated( I assume ) but the results here are probably adspace. I was just winding you up so you'd get freaked out whats being googled on your computer.[/quote:1nkw7rmf] Oh MrQ, don't ever change.... ;)
[quote="MrQ":3lh3zut6]I was joking. :o0 Results on Facebook and Gmail etc are result orientated( I assume ) but the results here are probably adspace. I was just winding you up so you'd get freaked out whats being googled on your computer.[/quote:3lh3zut6] bit of a risky one that i was just about to get a divorce :o0