advice needed - meeting hotel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finished here Posts: 2860
Hey everyone, I need advice - we are meeting with the Hotel were we are having our reception this evening and was wondering what we should be discussing at this stage ??????? Our wedding is in 5.5 months. I was thinking we need to discuss - menus - centre pieces - times - seating arrangements - arrival reception Should we be discussing anything else at this stage ?
NowGone Posts: 8042
Av equipment - ie, microphone for speeches.
TheRock Posts: 265
definately sort out the microphone, sometimes there is feedback when speeches are going on and it can be very off putting for the person doing speech. also lay down the law about having service fast, having enough staff on to serve and enough behind the bar. make sure you tell them you want the toilets checked every hour, and cleaned (tissues left around on sink after people fixing makeup and not put in the bin) hand towels, and toilet roll and air freshner. and ask them to kiss your ass!!! :o0 ask the how much wine you need also, and can you see the bridal suit.
MammyC Posts: 3621
Oh this is a good question, I have to meet my hotel soon too, Keep them coming girls!!!
May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
I def agree about the no of staff on and cleaning the toilets. Also bargain with them over the corkage if you have not done this already.
noc Posts: 1802
I presume you've probably reserved all the rooms you want reserved too? If not that's something you should do. [size=75:q9q79emn]Note to self - that's something we should do, as well as everything else mentioned above. Most disorganised. Couple. EVER. [/size:q9q79emn] ;o(
MammyC Posts: 3621
noc I wouldnt worry about it, Look at my ticker and we havent even talked to the hotel yet about anything! :o0 I best get my ass in gear
Finished here Posts: 2860
Hey thanks a million everyone brilliant suggestions and a few things i had not thought about thank you again and good luck to everyone. I noticed a lot of tickers are a lot shorter than ours :wv