advice needed please re groomsmen cravat colour

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsD2B08 Posts: 910
H2B ordered the suits the other day, in it he has him wearing ivory cravat and the groomsman and bestman are wearing burgundy cravats, which is my colour i have a burgundy cape and some burgundy in my dress, my instant reaction was no that won't work, firstly cause no one is meant to have my colours and secondly cause the BM and FG dresses are a plush coral (a pink) and no one has their colours , what i see is the bridal party photo, my side the plush coral and then from me (burgundy) us all matching, in my eye it looks all wrong, he is adamant it is fine, he also doesn't want to wear the burgundy cravat and the pink the suit hire place have is no where near the dresses of the BM and FG.. what do you think?
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Think it might look a bit odd.They should really match the bridesmaids. How about getting the pink cravats made? Thats what Im doing as they didnt have purple to match my BM dresses
Betsy May Posts: 2168
I think it's fine but if your worried about it order an extra lenght of fabric from the place you ordered your dresses and send it to a dressmaker for them to make some cravats out of.
weffers Posts: 208
My h2b and all the men in the wedding party are having green cravats. My bridesmaids are in a gold colour. We are got are cravats by a great company in England and they have lots of different colours so if you do want them made they are very good. If you are unsure then go with what is going to make you happy. If it is something that you are going to worry about get them in the colur to match the bridesmaids. I think as long as you are sure that it looks ok. go with it.
bump :o)ll :o)ll
please vote H2B as said that whatever you guys say thats what he'll go with.. he thinks i am being silly and i don't know if i am or not.. so opinions really welcome.. :thnk :thnk :thnk
:o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
tammie Posts: 169
I have to say personally I would want the Best men in the same colour as the bridesmaid and to keep the burgundy just for my self .. but thats just me .. and i've already been told i'm a bridzilla :)
BigDay08 Posts: 514
Is your dress ivory? I think it would be nice if your H2B wore ivory (to match your dress) and the groomsmen wore pink/blush to match the bridesmaids (maybe you could get them made with the material). HTH :wv
tammie i feel the same.. H2B was shocked at my reaction.. think it was my first real bridzilla moment