Advice on Wedding Outfit

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

marianf Posts: 5845
Hi girls, Getting myself stressed out about getting an outfit for a couple of weddings and dinner dances that I need to go to over the next few months. Have a function at 17 weeks, wedding at 20 wks, wedding at 30 wks, and a dinner dance at 34 weeks. I love this dress from Isabelle Oliver and I believe that the dresses are very flattering. Would you just go ahead and buy it or would you shop around first, and if so where??? Many thanks [img:2twc70ip]http://www.isabellaoliver.com/images/category/DR084.jpg[/img:2twc70ip]
tilsun Posts: 4506
Cannot advise where to shop but that dress is fabulous
baby2010 Posts: 908
That dress is fab. I've bought a few bits on ebay, they're quite cheap and handy that you don't have to be going into hot crowded shops. I'm not a good shopper at the best of times!!
coraline Posts: 925
Its a gorgeous dress, I'd go ahead and order :o0 If you have 4 functions to go to you'll get lots of wear out of it. I have a wedding 4 days after my due date, I've looked everywhere for a suitable dress and have found nothing at all. The dress you posted is fab, I'd buy it myself only I dont even know for sure if I will be going to the wedding !!!
[quote="coraline":nag4nojd]Its a gorgeous dress, I'd go ahead and order :o0 If you have 4 functions to go to you'll get lots of wear out of it. I have a wedding 4 days after my due date, I've looked everywhere for a suitable dress and have found nothing at all. The dress you posted is fab, I'd buy it myself only I dont even know for sure if I will be going to the wedding !!![/quote:nag4nojd] Its a wrap dress...........you could wear it again and again :o0 I love this dress and had my eye on it for ages. Just worried that they might have gorgeous things in a shop that I didnt know about. I think €200 is enough to spend on a dress too, particularly when its a maternity dress. I hate shopping for formal wear at the best of times so I can only imagine how stressed I would be when the options are so few!
Diamondz Posts: 2208
I think this is a fab dress - would def go ahead and buy if it was me.... It so doesn't look like a maternity dress either so you might get away with further use after babs is born??
Thanks everyone. On another not-so-related point.............what is everyone doing /done in relation to coats for the autumn winter??
milis Posts: 7998
I'd buy it! I bought a dress of isobella oliver and it got me through 3 weddings! I haven't seen anything nice anywhere else.
mrsodo Posts: 1292
I'm going to be wearing an isobella oliver dress to a wedding this saturday, its really flattering. Also, you can't go wrong with a wrap dress, so I'd go for it! My EDD is in November so I'm going to try to make do without buying a maternity coat. The coat I bought last winter isn't fitted from but bust line down, so I'm hoping that will get me through Oct and Nov, I normally don't bring out my winter coat before Oct.
Ceana Posts: 1387
I spotted that dress on her website & thought it was stunning. I have a wedding in Sept - will be 16 weeks then, so I'm going to look around first - I might just get away with going up a size. I thought it was so pretty BTW - how does the sizing work on Isabella Oliver in the dresses?