advice please on dress for friends wedding?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

curliwurli Posts: 3369
hi ladies any help or advice would be really appreciated!! one of my best friends is getting married in a few weeks time and I only have one dress that still fits me these days, can anyone advise on what sort of cover up, bags, shoes etc I might put with it? I keep thinking everyone else is going to be so much more colourful and summery looking but all I can think of is black shoes, black bag and maybe a black pashmina but it's not a funeral I'm going to!!! :-8 [img:1v9lnn9o]http://wardrobedilemma.com/dilemma_options/0000/0222/Ted_Baker_dress.jpg?1215633613[/img:1v9lnn9o]
LittleMissPMA Posts: 482
Either pink shoes, bag, wrap or purple shoes, bag wrap it'll brighten it up, you could even get a small fasinator in which ever colour too, try debenhams
jarashow Posts: 3083
Pink, Cream or Orange maybe? Cream would be very easy to find something for your hair and a bag and wrap, then you could just use black shoes you have.
thanks for the advice, I would never have thought of some of those colours, I used to be able to dress myself quite well :o( I had thought of cream first of all but when I put a cream bag against the dress it didn't really work as the white parts on the dress are very white IYKWIM but then I don't really like white bags or shoes plus I would never wear them again.
dresstoimpress Posts: 1719
How about.... Grey patent shoes, like the ones above, or maybe a peep toe. A bag like this, maybe add a few pink buttons to pink it up And then a hair piece with pink, grey and black and a pink wrap
thanks very much, i would have never thought of grey, and they happen to only have those shoes in my size, aaggh so tempted!!!