Advice Please..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Bgerk Posts: 118
DH and I have been trying for past couple of months. My period was due 2 days ago, so I did a First Response about 4 days ago (I'm very impatient!) any it was negative. Was really down about it and then went to the inlaws and my SIL announced she was pregnant, I almost started crying there and then! Anyway I wanted to start taking some medication today and I wanted to make doubly sure there was no way I was pregnant. So on the way to work I bought another first response and got a very, very faint line. (about a quarter of the darkness of the other line). The test says that one line might be fainter than the other so does this mean I am pregnant?? I am just gobsmacked and I don't want to get too excited as I actually thought I had period like symptoms this morning. Want to do another test tomorrow morning- can anyone advise which is best?
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
Looks like it alright, try a digital test too, many congrats x
Wolaholic Posts: 477
A line is a line! I had af symptons too before I got my bpf and about 3 negative tests too - I'm vvv impatient! Congrats! :o)ll
hopingforsoon Posts: 1152
Like Dora said, get a digital and that will take the guessing out of reading lines. Also, do it first thing in the morning, as the hormones will be at their strongest in your first wee-wee of the day
zoey Posts: 1574
It definitely sounds like congratulations are in order!! A line, no matter how faint, is a line and the only reason one appears is if there is hcg in your urine and the only way there could be hcg in your urine is if you're pregnant!! Try a digital one with your first moring pee tomorrow and you'll be put out of your misery. By the way, early pregnancy symptoms are very like period symptoms! Best of luck tomorrow and be sure to keep us posted!! Zoey :lvs
Bgerk Posts: 118
Thanks so much for your replies. When you say a digital test do you mean the clearblue ones? Must buy one at lunch time! I am in shock, I always just had this feeling it would take us a long time, will be so happy if I get a positive tomorrow! Won't mention it to DH tonight until I know for sure, however I don't know how I'm going to hold it in though! Thanks
phananta Posts: 330
I could have written your post a few weeks ago, def agree with the OP's - the clear blue digital ones are the only way you'll be convinced one way or the other - I thought I'd imagined the v faint second line, thought my mind was playing tricks on me - if the digital one comes up 'pregnant' then it is what it is! Sounds like you very well could be, so congratulations if you are! :o)ll
funkyfish Posts: 7626
a line is a line. mine was faint too but came up very quickly! let us know how u get on chicken
Aurge Posts: 1456
Yep, sounds promising. I had af like symptoms when I got my bfp. Even afterwards I was still expecting them to come. Deffo try the clear blue digital, bit of a rip off but best to put your mind at ease. I done a tesco cheapy and when the 2 lines showed I done a clearblue the next day just to confirm. Congrats :wv
december29 Posts: 395
a line is a line! mine were very faint at first and then got darker every day (must have done 10 tests before i convinced myself i was pregnant!!! defo the clearblue digital are the way to go as it takes the guessing out of is it a line or not! Congratulations! and best of luck :o)ll