Advise please:Garryvoe accommodation

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jiles18 Posts: 20
Hello there Wollies, Im a few days away from finalising my venue (Garryvoe Hotel) and was wondering if anyone could advise me about accommodation? This is ht eonly concern I have. Could anyone recommend nearby guest houses, hotels etc? Did any previous Garryvoe brides have problems finding accommodation ofr guests? Its going to be a big wedding (280 guests) and my h2b is concerned about accommodation as most people are coming from up the country. We are also having a bit of a party on the saturday night but, as there is a wedding in Garryvoe on the saturday, alot of guests may have to move to local accommodation. Thanks in advance :)
fredd Posts: 259
Hi, Just wondering if you were able to get a list of accommodation near Garryvoe?
Hi ns83, I didnt get any replies to my post. I have not got around to looking for accommodation yet but its on the to-do list. Garryvoe have a sister hotel thats pretty close in Ballycotton. I have not looked for B+Bs yet but the hotel assured me that there is plenty of nearby accommodation. When I get around to it, I will let you know what I find. Good luck!
Ya i've heard of the sister hotel alright. In the middle of trying to finalise the venue at the moment but finding it very hard to get them down on the prices and they havent responded to any of my mails in nearly a week!!
We found that there was little negotiation room with prices aswell, despite the fact that we were bringing 300 guests. I think the problem is that they are so busy, they give the impression that they dont need to drop prices as much as the hotels that are struggling. Even still, you feel a bit robbed when you are bringing that much business and not getting a bit of lee-way with prices in return. I must say though we never had any problems with communication. Our emails were always answered. They have a good reputation for dealing with customers so Im surprised to hear that your emails have been ignored. Its worth a phonecall to make sure your emails are not being blocked or put into junk mail.
Ya im the same, going to have large crowd going to the wedding with most of the people staying for 2 nights so they'll be getting a lot of business out of us. We're paying for everything that we get. Hopeing to try and get them to come down on price on things like wine or evening food or even give us a few discounted bedrooms.
deniseb Posts: 63
Hi, I was at a wedding there in September and we stayed in lovely holiday houses in between Garryvoe and Ballycotton. I cant remember what they were called but there was a sign outside them called 'Irish Holiday Cottages' There was 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. From what i remember I think they worked out about €100 per couple for a weekend.
That sounds ideal. Thanks very much Deniseb O-O