Aer lingus strike

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Finished here Posts: 2860
Agh i am supposed to be flying to New York on the 25th does anyone know what the story is with the strike ? I've just read that siptu have served strike notice !!!!
Mistified Posts: 2680
Feckin' Aer Lingus. Feckin' unions. Blast the lot of them and let them float off into the atlantic and let Michael O'Leary get on with it.
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
They said on the radio that people travelling towards the end of the month will probably be affected. Fcuking unions. This happens every year at the peak seasons O:| O:| I'm going to Prague on the 5th Dec and I'll go mad if I'm affected. We haven't been on a holiday since January 07 because we have been saving so hard for our new house and the wedding and if I lose part of my holiday I will go fcukin mad. >:o(
Heflen Posts: 4050
[quote="Fat Frog":30bprcyh]Agh i am supposed to be flying to New York on the 25th does anyone know what the story is with the strike ? I've just read that siptu have served strike notice !!!![/quote:30bprcyh] Get yourself onto Expedia and book another flight. Unless Aer Lingus mgt do a u-turn, they are going to be on strike..
Thanks for replies girls, God damn it its such a pain its gonna cost us one way or another and I think you could be right Heflen we may need to book another flight asap
mrs ddt Posts: 3235
I go to the States every November and normally with Aer Lingus but they started the strike stuff last year and really couldnt enjoy the build up so no more Aer Lingus, we booked American Airlines this year.
trance Posts: 3129
Why do they bother? All they do is pss people off and ruin our holidays that we've saved and looked forward to, espesh these days when every fcuking cent counts, bstards O:|
dovedro Posts: 1295
Do you get your money back if you can't fly because of a strike???? I'm due to fly with them at the start of december and my flights cost over 1k so paying for another isn't an option!!
Dovedro I can't find any info about how much you might get back if your flight is cancelled. It seems you get some back but you will def loose money no matter what. We checked out other flights and can get them for a reasonable price but if Aer lingus decide not to strike we could end up with four flights booked and if they do the price will most certainly shoot up. I guess we just have to wait and hear what happens today !!! O:| O:| O:|
dovedro Posts: 1295
[quote="Fat Frog":1ldhhita]Dovedro I can't find any info about how much you might get back if your flight is cancelled. It seems you get some back but you will def loose money no matter what. We checked out other flights and can get them for a reasonable price but if Aer lingus decide not to strike we could end up with four flights booked and if they do the price will most certainly shoot up. I guess we just have to wait and hear what happens today !!! O:| O:| O:|[/quote:1ldhhita] I might try ringing them and see what the story is, we can't exactly pay out another grand+ It's not for another few weeks so I suppose I have time at least to see what happens. I must remember never to book flights, well at least expensive flights, with those idiots again >:o(