Menu

AF Query - TMI!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lolabelle Posts: 3311
Hi girls. This is a general AF question so I didn't put it in TTC. So today is CD2 and usually the first few days of AF are quite heavy but painless thank the gods! My question is this. Am I the only woman who leaks when using sanitary towels?! I am soooo sick of it. I've had to change my trousers TWICE today. Its so frustrating. I change the sanitary towel at least every 2 hours if not more so its not that is full or anything. After CD2 I don't have any problems even at night but during the first two days I usually have to "double up" and wear shorts or trackie bottoms and even at that I usually have to change the sheets. I've had to wash the bottom sheet and mattress protector today. I don't use tampons because it stops AF and drags it out for nearly 8 days if I do. I have 5-6 day cycles and by day 3 the flow is medium to light and I don't have any more leaks. Am I an AF freak or does this happen often???
SilverGirl Posts: 1517
This happened to me a few years ago but not for very long..about six months. And I have no idea why it happened or why it changed but like you it was only the first couple of days. I dont think I was as bad as your saying though but I do feel your pain.
Wilma Flintstone Posts: 1262
Happens to me for first 2 days too, I use tampons and kind overlap towels so they are 2 layers thick at the heaviest area, also change them every hour and wear kinda hotpants as well as undies under clothes and all is fine. Worst thing is the pain for days 1 and 2, its a constant heavy ache in my stomach and thighs and get dizzy,headachy and tired...gone on morning of day 3 thankfully!!
lolabelle Posts: 3311
Thanks for the replies girls. I usually only have that heavy feeling for a couple of hours after AF starts and I find that exercise helps that. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! :thnk :thnk :thnk
pebble79 Posts: 196
:wv Im the same as you. Since i had my little girl 2 years ago i find them heavier the first two days. I try not to go very far on them days as i would be changing every two mins. Sick of washing sheets and clothes. All im short of doing is wearing a nappy!
twilight83 Posts: 55
lolabelle u are deinately not alone on this one. I too am very heavy for the first 2 days and have to wear 2 of the always nighttime overlapping to avoid a nightmare situation. I find night is worse with lying down and often have a leakage but like you only in the first 2 days. After that, its usually over within another 2 days, weird really and totally pain free.