Agnus Castus

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gemini chica Posts: 2581
I've read lots of posts which suggest taking Agnus Castus to regulate your cycle, I'm coming off the pill when I am finished my current pack in 2 wks to TTC. I have been on the pill 12 years so I was wondering if anyone recommends I start taking this straight away or anything else? I would rather take things now than wait to realise in 3 mths I should have done it straight away! This forum is a wealth of information, its great!!!
Milis in disguise Posts: 727
I've probably written half those posts recommending Agnus Castus, so I don't know if another vote for it will make any difference, but yeah, it made a difference for me!
justforp+b thanks for the reply, what brand did you use?
Finished here Posts: 2860
Gemini i would advice waiting at least one to two cycles as you may interfere with your natural hormone balance if you take supplements straight away and then may still be in a position were you are unsure of your cycles. Try temping from the first day you stop taking the pill and this will give you a good indication of when you ov and how many days are in your LP ! best of luck
Thanks Fat Frog, that's a very good idea, to be honest I didn't fancy the idea of temping/charting etc as I thought it would make things more pressurised but I realise from your post that its actually a good idea for monitoring my cycle and if there are any problems, I won't be raging that I didn't do it and have no idea about my own cycle! Thanks!!
Milis in disguise Posts: 727
I thought temping would be stressful too, but compared to waiting around for AF when you haven't even Ov'ed yet, it's a doddle!
Ye true, and probably after a few days its a habit! Will read up on how to do it :o0 :o0 :o0