Ahh -always finishing off my sentences.....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Miss Hopeful Posts: 1193
I work with a really annoying girl, don't in general get on great with her but the most annoying thing is everytime anyone is talking about something she keeps finishing off sentences e.g this morning i was saying "god i was driving to work, roads weren't great and the car behind me..........." (her) "overtook you" (me) "well overtook me and three other cars"........... Ahhh she does my head in. O:| She even does it to the boss. I can never think of a quick one liner to say to her when she does it - any ideas - just something light and not too bitchy
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Maybe she's training to be a ventriloquist (sp) and using you and the boss as the dummy - sorry, I mean that in a nice way :ooh :-8 It's so annoying when someone does that! Wouldn't you love to say "I didn't know you were a mind reader because how else do you know what I'm going say and say it for me"
yeah its so so annoying and really gets to me cause when i was younger my older sister used to always do it .... brings me right back to being a kid........... surprised i didn't end up with a stutter. Funny she is the eldest of four, reckon it's something to do with it............ I'd love to say "am i telling my story or are you"? but couldn't pull off saying something like that without it sounding major bitchy
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Just laugh and say "Oh I'll let you tell my story!" in a really lighthearted way, or "Oh were you there too?" - she should get the hint
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I have a friend who does this too and while it can be annoying I wouldn’t say anything to her. I don’t think that anyone does this on purpose and she probably can’t help doing it. If you say something to her you will only embarrass her.
dellyb1 Posts: 2489
i have to put my hands up and admit i am so guilt of doing this my hubbie just tells me to shut up if i get too bad :o0 but you might want to be a bit more subtle ,honestly its very hard to stop yoursef from doing it
scoutf Posts: 667
I know a few folk who do this and to avoid offence I usually throw in a lighthearted comment about my superb ability to throw my voice ;)
Daff Posts: 11644
MIL does this O:| so much so that she never gets the story straight out of anyone and ends up repeating everything arseways O:| O:| O:| Drives me up the wall. DH does it too, gets it from her, but I just stop speaking to him when he does it til he gets the message.
adorabelle Posts: 880
When she finishes your sentence say NO really loudly thats not what I was going to say actually and shock her...even if it was - make something else up :o0 I hate it when people do that or when you are telling a story and they intercept with their own version like what you where saying is not as important as theirs... O:|
ha some funny suggestions ........... it is super annoying