Ahhhh my hair - Shampoo Recommendation

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Twirl Posts: 5598
Ah girls my hair is getting greasy so quick, has anyone got a good shampoo ( that wont break the nearly broken bank ). I got john freida shampoo and conditioner and liked it and then got VO5 the next time which i liked but its like none of them are cleaning the scalp or something. I feel like im washing it constantly. Anyway if anyone has any recommendations i would gladly appreciate them :wv
MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
Theres a Kerastase shampoo (expensive about €20 or thereabouts) thats really good. Its for greasy roots and dry ends. My hair gets greasy quickly as well. Are you using a shampoo with to straighten hair (like the smooth and sleek ones)? I find they make my hair greasier so now generally go for a gentle cleansing one. The one I am using now is Elvive - don't know name but its in a pink bottle and my hair is lasting a bit longer with it (wash it every 2nd day usually)
ciaraella Posts: 5323
My hair is fine and gets greasy very quickly, i find the pantene clarifying shampoo very good, it leaves my hair squeaky clean. Johnson's baby shampoo is great too, if you use it once or twice a week it gets rid of gunky build up.
Twirl Posts: 5598
Thanks girls i have very fine hair too and the ends are dry at the moment aswell. I would usually only get 2 days out of my hair but i washed it last night and already its starting to look greasy :duh: I usually get a shampoo for coloured/ hightlighted hair or a volumising one. I have that pink elvive at home too but i always have to go away from it for a while as it is like my hair gets used to it ( or something )
MinnietheMinx Posts: 2396
[quote="SorrentoWife":2u3ywoae]Theres a Kerastase shampoo (expensive about €20 or thereabouts) thats really good. Its for greasy roots and dry ends.[/quote:2u3ywoae] I'm using this one at the moment- it was on special last time I got my hair done- and TBH while it's better than some I'd still feel like my hair doesn't look great on the 2nd day.
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
Hi MrsMM2010 I had a similar problem a while back, and other wollies recommended tea tree oil shampoo. I got one in Tesco, it's one of their own brands and it only cost a couple of euro. Seemed to do the trick. I had that pink Elvive before, found it made my hair greasier! I've since had a lot of colour work done to my hair, so it's actually really dry at the moment, but the tea tree shampoo deffo helped with the greasiness :wv
SparkleX Posts: 1057
I know you aren't looking for an expensive one but I have been using Redken shampoo and conditioner for the past few months and notice a big difference. Like you I have a lot of colour in my hair so needed something good. My hair just looks healthier and feels nicer. I got a pack in the hairdressers with shampoo and conditioner for €34 (with a free heat protector gel) Sounds expensive but they have lasted 4 months so not bad when you look at it like that
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
If you are looking for a normal shampoo you can pick up in your local supermarket (as oppose to the Kerastase, Redkin etc), the pink Elvive is supposed to be very good alright. Have you tried the Light one - it has Light written in a green box but is the same pink packaging otherwise. I went through same problem after Christmas....my hair just so dead and limp. I had been using the Elvive as above but think my hair just needed the change. I was also recommended a Naked range which you can get from some health shops or larger Boots Stores. It is almost completley natural and will strip your hair of all the residue, coatings and silicone build ups. Apparently your hair can be quite coarse for first few weeks while getting used to it but then should be in great condition thereafter. At the time I just couldn't source it but it's still on my list so in meantime I settled for the Aussie Volume shampoo and conditioner and have to say I am very happy with the result. Nice, clean hair with lots of life.
DublinGirl Posts: 1307
I have fine lifeless coloured hair and use the pink elvive all the time and I love it. I use the conditioner too on the ends. Plus there is a special on it at the mo in our local supervalu, 2 for the price of 1, so I bought my shampoo and got my conditioner free more or less. I think it only costs around €4.50 and they are good sized bottles too. Edited to say that I think anything by L'oreal is great imo!!!
lolabelle Posts: 3311
My BIL is a hairdresser and he SWEARS by Aussie. He says its the best on the market. In saying that he also told me that every time you have to buy new shampoo and conditioner to buy a different brand than the last time. It stops resistance and residue build up. So I only use my Aussie once a week to make it last cos I have to get it sent over :o0 :o0