Air Conditioning in Office

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsRugby Posts: 1532
We have air conditioning in our open plan office. There are 3 girls and normally we are in zinc with each other about turning it up/down/off etc. Now there is an office beside us(completely seperate) which holds our accountant and everynow and then he comes and out and turns the air cond off normally does this when we are away from our desks or on break/lunch so when we come back we are frozen. Like WTF ??! he does not even work in our area ! I came back in there now and he was turning if off & when he saw me he said "sure i will turn this off its warm" to which i replied "no dont i have it on as i am cold and i think i am coming down with something" jeysus now i am sweating but why doesnt he mind his own business and fiddle with his own air cond in his own office!!!
sharmon Posts: 437
I totally feel your pain. We unfortunately have no AC in our office, hence stuffy stifling heat & when we open the window the sound of traffic is deafening. If I were you I'd ask him politely not to ater the temp on the ac unit in your office as you are all comfortable with the temp it is at.
WeddingBelle2011 Posts: 503
i will tell ya what i wreckon he is at! As u said he is an accountant.. and everyone is pinching pennies at the moment. Apparently Air Con is extremely expensive to run. I wreckon when ye are not there, he is turning it off, thinking he is saving the company money!!
MummyLuv Posts: 2478
[quote="weddingbelle2010":3o4rbx1y]i will tell ya what i wreckon he is at! As u said he is an accountant.. and everyone is pinching pennies at the moment. Apparently Air Con is extremely expensive to run. I wreckon when ye are not there, he is turning it off, thinking he is saving the company money!![/quote:3o4rbx1y] Potentially but don't tar all us accountants with the same brush!!!! :o0 :o0 Best advice I can give is say to him that u keep AC on because if it gets too hot in the office it makes u all really sleepy and you need it on to keep u awake so you can do a fantastic job at your work !!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 Worked for me O:o) O:o) O:o)
ros09 Posts: 1923
we're the same in our office a fight going on with the girls wanting the heat up and the boys turning it down, its an ongoing battle :o0 :o0