Airport Strike 30th March?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
First time I've heard about a strike. Are you sure your uncle isn't trying to wind you up knowing that you are going on your honeymoon that day?
lovindis Posts: 642
I think thats the proposed dates for all Unions to strike. Been told that they are asking all unions to unit together against the goverment, clerical, teachers, gardai, nurses, docs everyone!! Think he may be telling you th truth!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Usually we'd have heard something on the news a couple of weeks beforehand - very strange. Im flying home after a weekend in London that day and I hate waiting around in airports. Fingers crossed it doesn't go ahead!
SparklyC Posts: 1766
Oh shoite I just booked some flights for my mam and niece to come over to me for the weekend and they fly back that day ! - wooo hooo that means that they may have to stay longer !! :o)ll Dafbird I hope it doesnt affect your honeymoon though !
guber Posts: 376
I'm afraid its true ladies, my partner works in the airport and their talking about striking on 30th and 31th March.
I wouldn't worry yet because the amount of times he's come home and said - we're going on strike next week and its called off at the last minute -he is off tomorrow but has to go in at 7 for an emergency meeting so will let you all know the outcome on friday.
ladygrace Posts: 264
which airport is going on this strike??? LHW?
Miah Posts: 2738
Unions all sending out ballot cards this week. They have to be back by 20th march. If the vote is in favour of a strike then it'll be on the 30th but I haven't heard a thing about the 31st - unless it's a separate action maybe?
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
If the connecting flight to London isn't too expensive, maybe look into a cheap flight from Belfast to London instead?
Sorry for not posting sooner, h2b went to meeting on thurs night, it was basically a talk and it seems the majority are in favour of strike action so they will have a ballot and wait for the outcome.