Airtricity

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

happyfamily Posts: 3323
Hi guys, Was looking at the saving money thread and decided to check out the Airtricity website. Looks like it would be worth changing over our gas and electricity and just wanted to see how anybody else found Airtricity? Noticeable reducation in bills??
Sweet as pie Posts: 376
I Just changed over to airtricity two weeks ago didnt get any bills yet so not sure on saving so would be interested to hear what anyone has to say about them
AliceCullen Posts: 1408
I changed a few months ago and have found them slightly cheaper so far, although the next bill will tell as it'll include the gas heating that just started 2 months ago. You get both gas and electricity on the same bill so 1 direct debit which I think is great.
black pearl Posts: 3513
hi girls i joined airtricity but have only had one bill so far, last month one came for elec and was 34€ for 6 weeks, from start date to billing date, so a 2 monh bill wouldnt be much more im hoping-cept for xmas!! havent got a gas bill from them yet but am hoping that it will be just as low again cept for the big xmas bill!
chloe2009 Posts: 454
We've been with them for ages, find them only slightly cheaper. I just love that its a direct debit and its the same amount every month. Much easier to budget for and your not getting massive bills in the winter you know!
happyfamily Posts: 3323
[quote="chloe2009":215yskyo]We've been with them for ages, find them only slightly cheaper. I just love that its a direct debit and its the same amount every month. Much easier to budget for and your not getting massive bills in the winter you know![/quote:215yskyo] Oh do they spread the cost over 12 months? Do you have to ask them for the option to pay the same very month or is it standard with them?
black pearl Posts: 3513
hi chloe2009 that what my in laws have you pay the same every month, and at the end of they year if you have paid too much they return it, and if you owe them then you have to pay the diff, but I am on a diff plan, its the same as what i always had with bord gais, 3 estimate bills and three actual bills every year so the amount for me varies. my in laws got stung with huge bill from airtricity at the end of last year saying the owed over 600€ , so when airtricity called to me they informed me I didnt have to take that poarticular option.
chloe2009 Posts: 454
Oh right well I suppose that could happen, my H2B takes a reading every 6 months and sends it in to them and they adjust the payment up or down, we're 3 years with them this Christmas and we've never got a massive bill or anything. The direct debit has only ever changed by a couple of euros like never anything massive. Not sure what plan we're on or anything. I think because we take the readings it means we dont get stuck with a big bill/possibly getting a refund from them.
jams Posts: 368
AFAIK the budget plan, a set amount each month based on the previous 6 months use, is no longer available to new customers. Ive been with airtricity for over a year now.. initially just electricity which i found great! 77 per month, we had everything on all the time, h2b doesnt work at the mo, and is home pretty much all the time with the kids, 3 tvs on even tho only 1 being used, washing machine & dishwasher always going. so i thought it was ok. Switched over to gas recently, and theres a new bundle 20% off gas & 6% off electricity compared to ESB & Bord Gais apparently. Anyway, got 1st proper bill for 2 months, electricity €184.59 & Gas €169.17, the gas i hadnt used too much so i was a bit surprised.. im rambling a bit now, but thats kinda what to expect when the electricity is over used, gas for 5 hours a day for 4 weeks & about 15 hours per day for 5 weeks! for me , works out to be €50 a week to cover both! god, hth!