Albufeira Old Town

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LM24 Posts: 932
Hi, Im helping my dh to try and book a last minute trip to Old Town Albufeira this weekend for his parents. I contacted a travel agent and they suggested Olhos D'Agua however when I looked into it says 'Located on the beachfront of Olhos d'Agua with bars, restaurants, banks, post office and shops all close by.' and that is is 4km from Albufeira/Oura (The Strip). Does anyone know if the above accommodation is near the old town? I believe the 'strip' mentioned above is the new town and they dont want to be there. If anyone has any information, I'd appreciate it.
Krazy Posts: 289
Olhos D'Agua is lovely resort, would be very different to proper Albufeira, and is a good distance from it. Have been there, it's a quiet fishing village, nice beach, small enough. Good if you want a quiet holiday. Is the place called Colina Village? If so, highly recommend!
originalwoowoo Posts: 867
Olhos D'Agua is on the other side of the 'strip' to the Old Town but in a nice area
soontohave3 Posts: 160
Olhos D'agua is a very quiet fishing village. I've been there once but my parents have gone back 2 or 3 times. Suited to older couples or families as everything shuts up around midnight. There are some lovely restaurants there. The old town of albufeira is only about 15 mins away by bus or taxi so very accessable. Hth.
LM24 Posts: 932
Thanks ladies for the quick replies-it sounds nice. Krazy, here is the link to the accommodation It seems to be called 'Olhos D'Agua ' To be honest it sounds a bit too quiet for them, however maybe the Old TOwn is quiet aswell? We had a place booked for them for this week but they had to cancel due to a family member falling ill, so they had their heart set on the Old Town as they stayed near the strip/new town before and much preferred the old town square, market etc. It is probably impossible to get accommodation there at this late stage so the above may be the best option. Thanks again :thnk