Alexander's Bridal Dublin, Have you been there?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

monkeybear Posts: 1926
I was in there yesterday and thought the dresses were gorgeous, quality was fantastic! so heres my question, do they change the names of the dresses so they are different to what the designers call them. I loved a sottero and midgley dress and they called it Tamara, but having looked on the web page and through the maggie sottero too theres no dress called Tamara, i think i have found it but not 100% sure any suggestions?
ela28 Posts: 2552
yep dress names are changed,was in there yesterday myself trying my dress on n putting my deposit down :)
Its so annoying I just called them up cos i really want a picture of it, but she told me that she'd no way of finding out what the name origionally was... grr dont believe her sure how else would they be able to order the right one from the designer
.... Posts: 667
Yeah the sottero and midgley dresses on the site have numbers so you're right thats why they did it, i think i found the picture of the dress, but not absolutly 100% sure its it, I called up another shop that stocks S&M and asked if they have the dress (i gave them the code of the dress i think it is and they said they have it so im gonna go look at it and see if its it, fingers crossed
monkeybear they do know the names of them,just wont tell you what it is,i was in last sat trying my dress n i was asking her for the name of it,as i wanted to show my sister who had been unable to come in with me,she was saying she didnt know as they come in under different names,i went back yesterday n was telling her i couldnt find it on the website n she was saying it prob just wasnt on it,then as soon as i placed the order she was like oh the name of that dress is sabell on the website,i wrote it down for you,yet about 20 mins before she wouldnt tell me the name,just said it was prob not on the website,yeah right,my dress is not a number code it had a name so some of them having numbers instead of names is nothing to do with it !!!!!!!!
Italy07 Posts: 5409
Most shops won't tell you the name as they are afraid you are only going in to try it on to then go and order it online!
missymoo09 Posts: 210
I rang them 2 weeks ago and thinking back must have got someone on a bad day. Wanted to try on a MS dress in white (previously tried it on in diamond white) and I rang them to ask them did they have the dress I was looking at. The assistant told me that she didnt know and that I would have to call in (she was actually rude about it) Having said that, spoke to a lovely lady in there on Sat over the phone and she couldnt have been nicer. Going there on Sat week to try dress on again and hope this is the one!
that was probably sharon you were talking to on Sat she is so nice,missy what dress was it that you tried on?I just ordered mine on Monday happy days :o)ll
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Yeah they change the name alright. I am getting my dress from there too. I am dealing with Sharon also - she's lovely! Told me that my dress was called Pamela (horrible on the website) and I searched the MS website and it's called Madrid.