All suggestions welcome

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[color=indigo:qtyj4pk8]Girls, my mam is 65 in June and I want to get her something nice for her birthday any suggestions, I know its only January just want to start saving now. The only thing is dad was 65 in October and we got him a voucher for a hotel, brought him out to dinner and got him a cake, don't really want to repeat the same for Mam. Thanks girls :thnk [/color:qtyj4pk8]
Mrs Snove Posts: 1611
What about a spa day for the two of ye somewhere nice
Dreamster Posts: 6620
Is there anything she would like but would never buy for herself?
islandfun Posts: 3054
I made suggestions yonder but they've not appeared yet. So anyhoos I suggested A weekend away for your folks, somewhere really nice in Ireland. A mini spa day for you two and lunch afterwards. Bring her to her favourite shop(s) and get her a full rigout Art? A nice painting? Really nice creams that she'd never get herself?
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
My Mum will be 60 in a few months time. She loves to travel, so we're giving them money towards a trip to the states. I'm also giving her a really nice pendant I saw (she loves jewellery) with the birth stones of her children on it.
Delish Posts: 4176
Ohh such a toughie, my dad will be 65 in October too, he hates parties and foreign holidays. My sister got my parents a night in a hotel in Galway during the Galway race week for Christmas. I thought that was a great gift, as the hotels book out so early.
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[color=indigo:y5f4yv44]If hopefully all the Neil Diamond tickets don't sell like hot cakes I'm going to get tickets for the two of us and maybe a night's stay in a hotel, thanks for all the suggestions girls :thnk :thnk [/color:y5f4yv44]
Delish Posts: 4176
What a brilliant idea!