All very new to me....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

BBC2bKinnitty Posts: 58
Morning girls I hope you can help me, we have recently got married and have decided to start TTC. That is the only abbreviation I can make out, can someone help me with the other abbreviations i.e BFN BFP etc? Sorry a bit on the slow side today :wv BBC
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi i think there is a sticky on them, but BFN = big fat negative and BPF = big fat positive - as in pregnancy test. OPK - Ovulation prediction kits HPT - home preg test Good luck with the TTC :babydust:
Ah thats great thanks! All makes perfect sense now, I can now start responding to people. :wv
mama sugar Posts: 1387
hello fellow kinnitty bride!!! first congrats on ttc ok some of the lingo you may need is af - aunty flow (period you will hate her!) bfn - (big fat negative - you will also hate this) bfp - (big fat positive - :o)ll ) then the road to ttc can be long so you will probably be asking about cm - cervical mucus and lots others but just ask we are all here to help, just try to relax and enjoy this time with your hubby start taking your folic acid...have a look up on the sticky above for tips on ttc. best of luck hopefully next month you will be :o)ll with your bfp x
Ah thanks so much MamaSugar you are a star. I am still floating on cloud 9 from our wedding and honeymoon. We had always said that we would try and start a family asap but we made a definite decision on the first night of our honeymoon which was really special. I am very excited about everything at the moment and know that this could take some time so I have prepared myself for a bit of a wait. Hubbie has also just opened his own business - nothing like doing everything at teh same time hey lol! Thanks for all your info that is really helpful. How are things coming along with yourself? BBC
mama sugar Posts: 1387
ah I am grand it is exciting ttc but it is hard too try not to get too down when the bfn comes decide the day you get af to open a bottle of wine and have it all to yourself thats what I used to do and enjoy it! will send you lots of :babydust: that you get your bfp first go! I am grand getting big and uncomfortable but did the nursery up last night and it was lovely so really excited about meeting our little bundle finishing up work on maternity leave (had 2 wks hold to take) on the 24th May and our 1st wedding anniversary is that weekend don't think we will do much might just go for a nice meal, oh how I would love to relive my wedding day it was so perfect and felt so beautiful that day will never feel that beautiful again! anyway best of luck always here if you need to pm me with any questions....have been through it all!! x
Mrs.slightly bonkers Posts: 3289
Best of luck. 2ww | Two Week Wait or the Luteal Phase - 14 DPO on average. AF | Aunt Flo, menstruation, period BBT | Basal Body Temperature BD | Baby Dance, Sex BFN | Big Fat Negative (Result on a HPT) CB | Cycle Buddy CD | Cycle Day CL | Corpus Luteum CM | Cervical Mucus CP | Cervical Position DH | Dear Husband DP | Dancing Partner; spouse, or significant other DPO | Days Past Ovulation EC | Embryo Cyro/Freezing EDD | Estimated Due Date EWCM | Egg-White Cervical Mucus hCG | Human Chorionic Gonadotropin - detected by HPTs HPT | Home Pregnancy Test HSG | Hysterosalpingogram - x-ray ICSI | Microfertilization IUI | Intrauterine Insemination IVF | In Vitro Fertilization KEGELS | The muscle used to stop the flow of urine. Very important to keep it toned by flex & hold. Referred to as doing your Kegels LH | Luteinizing Hormone - detected in OPKs LP | Luteal Phase, days between ov & AF O or OV | Ovulation OPK | Ovulation Predictor Kit PG | Pregnancy, pregnant PNV | Prenatal Vitamin RE | Reproductive Endocronolgist - doctor who specializes in fertility problems SA | Semen Analysis ROBI | A term used which refers to Robitussin or Guaifenesin Syrup (expectorant) used to thin CM TR | Tubal Reversal TTC | Trying To Conceive
Billyjack Bride Posts: 797
this is like a new language!! :o0
Billyjack Bride Posts: 797
edited for typo..