Alternative/2nd Choice Wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
Following on from all the threads about Don't Tell The Bride etc. If you couldn't have the wedding you dreamed of, and the wedding you are having/already had, what would you like to have done? Bearing in mind that the day you are having/had was perfect and unique to you and your other half and you wouldn't change it for the world. Cos that goes without saying :o0
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
our first choice was to get married abroad but after looking into it properly and checking prices, we decided to get married at home, so i guess we could say we're having our 2nd choice wedding! saying that there seems to be more pros than cons (for us) to get married at home (more family can go etc) so no regrets (so far!!)
blacksheep Posts: 141
I would have loved to get married on our own, spend the day together & then have a party the next day but hubbie wouldn't have it. I enjoyed our day but would still go with doing it on our own if I had the chance. I think it would have been a lot more emotional for me if we had of done it that way. I'm a bit of an ice queen so wouldn't have liked to cry or anything on the day, silly I know.
paperclips Posts: 3146
We're still in the early days of making a decision on what we're going to do, but our first choice is going to NY just the two of us and getting married there and having a nice long honeymoon - think we have ruled out a party when we come back Our second choice is a wedding in spain with family and close friends - we are off to spain next week to look at some venues just to be sure that we really want the NY wedding iykwim. So hopefully, in the next few weeks we have decided on our plans
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
There's a part of me that would love to go and get married under a tree in the beautiful garden at the venue we've chosen, just the two of us, nobody to loook at us (I am very uncomfortable with people looking at me) and just meeting up with our family/friends back at the venue for the party but I think that might be a dealbreaker with the guests, lol