Alternative/casual wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

last min bride Posts: 20
Hi, I am new to this so not too sure what i am doing. We are hoping to get married later this year maybe september but are finding it so hard to decide on what to do. Neither i or the H2B are weddingy people and ideally we would have a civil ceremony and a BBQ at home but the place just isn't big enough(100-150people). Can anyone suggest a venue where we could do the civil ceremony and have the party that won't break the bank!! All advise welcome. Thanks
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Hi there, I've pm'd you.
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
Do you have a location in mind
Ficidy Posts: 1753
Pm'd you.
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
What area are you in?
Hi, Thanks for the replies - I am in Dublin but were willing to travel if we can do everything in the one place!! All ideas welcome just want a relaxed day no fuss
murielswedding Posts: 372
Try the liffey valley house hotel, wont break the bank they do formal meals. bbq, buffets so ring them and find out what they offer,they have a website, check it out, and its not too far from dublin, holds 120 people
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
How about a golf / rugby club / restaurant with spit roast / BBQ
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
COusins went for a 5 o'clock wedding & had a buffet in the Ardennode
Hi, Thanks for that - i will have a look at a few of these places. Any suggestions on rugby clubs etc - none in my locality. Had checked out liffey valley house but was not that impressed was very disorganised the day i dropped in. Really getting turned off the whole thing have been looking for venue for months and just haven't found anything suitable.