Alternative to Irish Dancers??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Hi all Wracking my brains here and trawling the web to no avail........ Is there ANY alternative to having Irish Dancers when the band take a break? Dont get me wrong I think they are fab, but have seen them at two weddings recently. Any advice?
tlove Posts: 572
I saw guys called The Nuts at a wedding recently and they were hiliarious I had pains in my face laughing at them, the just do really famous songs and dress up for them and go round the crowd singing and skitting.....
chocbiscuitcake Posts: 658
I'm not trying to be smart but how about having nothing at all? I quite like the break to talk to relax for a wee minute and have a chat - I'm usually on the dancefloor while the band is playing! Your guests don't need to be entertained every single minute of the day; when I think about the most enjoyable weddings I've been at, one of the major elements is good company and chat, not the extra entertainment.
looey Posts: 624
Anyone else have ideas!
summer09 Posts: 807
My H2b is a singer v good :-8 he will get up and do a few numbers!
frecklz Posts: 1839
How about belly dancers?
[quote="frecklz":s4saqltm]How about belly dancers?[/quote:s4saqltm] I looked into belly dancers. It was 750 euro for 1 dancer!
[quote="fifibear":51fg9ga1][quote="frecklz":51fg9ga1]How about belly dancers?[/quote:51fg9ga1] I looked into belly dancers. It was 750 euro for 1 dancer![/quote:51fg9ga1] Holy Schmoly! :eek I'm in the wrong business.
Yeah honestly. That was with one company that advertises quite a lot! I wont name them now. At the time (it was last year I was lookin) there was no other sites or companys I could find, but just came across this now Might be helpful to some one!
I suppose an alternative would be to go to a local class and ask a few girls to do it as a once off and agree a price with them? I've known of someone doing freelance parties like that. She doesn't do it any more though.