Alternative wedding shoes, idea's anyone?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Soon2bmarried Posts: 9
I'm not a very girly girl and all the wedding shoes i've look at don't really appeal to me. I've not been blown away by anything. My Bridesmaids oh and ah over shoes all the time but i'm just not like that so I thought I could go for something a little different that traditional wedding shoes. So far coming up with nothing. Any idea's?
kitty092011 Posts: 253
Have you tried Schuh, I got mine there and they are cute. Schuh do lots of shoes that are not the usual ivory/white traditional bridal shoes. I also got a purple pair of pumps for dancing the night away.
lux Posts: 6270
At my dress fitting another bride was wearing converse trainers, she wasn't a girly girl either and wanted to be comfy! I know some brides get a nice pair of designer shoes they know they'll wear again or some different shoes can really add to the wedding pics. Don't just look at "bridal" shoes, most of them are awful.
Crazy in lurve Posts: 196
Irregular choice all the way!! These are mine :lvs [attachment=0:4nbwejcm]my shoes.jpg[/attachment:4nbwejcm] I'm not a girly girl so these are perfect for me and sooooo comfy :) Schuh always have a great selection of them >
Milly83 Posts: 3620
My sister is wearing low heel red sparkly shoes like Dorothy from the wizard of oz. Gorgeous
Kaniela Posts: 458
[quote="lux":1s0qmp89]At my dress fitting another bride was wearing converse trainers, she wasn't a girly girl either and wanted to be comfy! [/quote:1s0qmp89] That's what I'm doing.. I am a bit of a girly girl, but I like things different, that why it's what we chose.. it's what we're all doing actually, even the men.. Will definately get plenty of wear out of them afterwards and can be sure none of the girls will be complaining about sore feet!! I hope :yelrotflmaosmilie:
Soon2bmarried Posts: 9
Those irregular choice shoes are beautiful. Will have to take a trip into schu and have a look at what they have. [quote="Kaniela":2z44k361][quote="lux":2z44k361]At my dress fitting another bride was wearing converse trainers, she wasn't a girly girl either and wanted to be comfy! [/quote:2z44k361] That's what I'm doing.. I am a bit of a girly girl, but I like things different, that why it's what we chose.. it's what we're all doing actually, even the men.. Will definately get plenty of wear out of them afterwards and can be sure none of the girls will be complaining about sore feet!! I hope :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:2z44k361] Really love this idea girls. I would have never thought of converse. Have great excuses now to go shoe shopping this weekend :o)ll :o)ll
Rogue User Posts: 6101
I wore black dominatrix style shoes that cost 25 euro - I loved them!
Gatica Posts: 131
I'm planning on getting comfortable high heels in a colour to go with my colour scheme, though not sure what that will be yet, probably orange or purple.
queen30 Posts: 1551
what's the thoughts on these?