Alternative Wedding venues

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fitzhare Posts: 1
Hi all, I am lookng for suggestions of alternative wedding venues in the Eastern region (preferably North East). We are looking for somewhere where we can put up a marquee and hire our own caterers. H2B has his heart set on a pig on a spit! Most of the country houses etc I've looked at who will accommodate a marquee do their own catering but we really want to have a very relaxed barbecue buffet. I've been to a coule of similar weddings in New Zealand but can't seem to find anywhere suitable here. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. Any wise words of wisdom for someone very new to this game would be much welcomed! thaks a mil! :-8
Asics Posts: 1935
Im not sure if here http://www.harristownhouse.com/ will accomadate you but sure there's no harm in ringing & finding out I suppose :wv Best of luck with your search
Horetown House Posts: 55
Hi Fitzhare, do you just to hire a Coutnry House for the day or weekend or your wedding. If you would like to email me directly, [email protected] I will certainly have a chat to you about what exactly you want and when. [email protected]