Always sick when I get my holidays!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Belleboo Posts: 924
Seriously what's that about !! I am always sick when I take holidays from work! I haven't taken one sick day from work this year cos ....I'm always sick during my holidays! Its so not fair! :o( Seriously like.
mollyeile Posts: 2486
You poor thing - I hate when that heppens - I lost a week this year to the same thing!
milis Posts: 7998
I think it's because you relax so the bugs can get at you easier O:| V annoying though!
turfcutter Posts: 259
i'm the exact same! i won a prize in 6th year for never missing a day off school...the flu always came at christmas and easter...typical dosed up to the eyeballs here on uniflu and vitamin C- with WOL keeping me entertained!!
Belleboo Posts: 924
thanks for sympathy - have taken piles of things including two different cough bottles, tons of solpadeine and nothing working! Poor me! At least I have H2B bringing me soup and tea and soppy dvd's!!
pupsalove Posts: 1490
Snap! Have been sick since Christmas Eve with a very bad cold. No fair. Came out of the chemist today with A packet of solaphdine A packet of Vitamin C Some cough syrup Lozengers for throat Actafed for sinus And some Folic acid (for different reasons, no miracle cold treatment!) I'm sure I'll only feel better the day before I have to go back to work! >:o( :ooh
Italy07 Posts: 5409
Oh I know that feeling alright, but to make things worse this year I have been sick over christmas because of a goody two shoes in work sick on the last 2 days of work spreading the germs around!!! O:| O:|
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
DH is the same! :o( It's like you work your a*s off for months and then you stop and the wheels fall off the wagon...typical!
ozypozy Posts: 2950
I'm not sure if it still applies or is even true but I think I remember being told that if you are sick during your holidays and get a sick cert from doctor that you don't lose holidays and you get to take them again.......like I said it could be wrong!
Italy07 Posts: 5409
Yes it does still apply just couldn't be bothered spending 65 euro going to the doc to be told I have the flu and take hot drinks and painkillers!