Am I being a bitch?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Paddy Whack Posts: 1399
God I am soooo peed off!! O:| O:| I was made redundant along with another colleague in the same dept at the end of March and because it came as a complete surprise it didn't give either of us much chance to get our 'CV's' together and take them with us. I'll call it a CV because I don't want to give much away if you'll forgive me. I'm talking about something that we're entitled to when we move on to look for work. Anyway I was so distraught about losing my job that it took me about a month to get my head round to thinking about this CV but I still applied for jobs that didn't require one in the meantime. On the other hand my colleague pretty much got his sorted straight away. It meant going back into the ex-job which was something I couldn't do so soon afterwards. So when I was ready I contacted a friend in that dept and asked him to have a look at something I needed done before the CV could be put together. I was aware and still am that they are very busy so I have done my best to be patient. It took him WEEKS to look at this thing for me. So anyway, once I had that done I sent back this document to a couple of people in the dept who would be able to take the next step for me. Again, it has taken WEEKS to get done - even now, today it still isn't complete. I am due to go in this evening to finalise this CV and I'm having to beg for it to be completed. I am in shock that these people can be so complacent about helping someone who no longer has a livelihood. I have been in constant contact about this - trying not to be a pain and trying to be patient only to be knocked back like a child and told that they are busy. If the situation were reversed I would do my damned best to make sure that my redundant colleague had all the tools they needed to go and get another job. I feel saddened and let down by them. :o(
Moet for me Posts: 1841
No you are not being a bunny and I would feel the same in your position but at this stage I would arrange to meet someone in there nothing like a bit of face to face time to get your point across. I would actually say face to face in as polite a manner as possible what you said here. Given what has happened it is probably just as well that this time has passed as you would find it hard to head in there straight after and now you've had a bit of time to digest things it will give you a bit more strength. Best of luck with everything and I hope everything works out soon for you.
[quote="Moet for me":2vjnody6]No you are not being a bunny and I would feel the same in your position but at this stage I would arrange to meet someone in there nothing like a bit of face to face time to get your point across. I would actually say face to face in as polite a manner as possible what you said here. Given what has happened it is probably just as well that this time has passed as you would find it hard to head in there straight after and now you've had a bit of time to digest things it will give you a bit more strength. Best of luck with everything and I hope everything works out soon for you.[/quote:2vjnody6] Hi Moet, thanks for that. I did actually speak to a couple of them face to face as there was a 'leaving lunch' for us last week. I tried to get the point across calmly but was still met with the 'busy' answer. One of the girls who would be directly responsible in this area said that she'd been on holiday. (This holiday took place well after I put my request in to her. I feel that she could've had the decency to communicate and let me know she was going away rather than sunning herself somewhere while I'm on the bread line totally unawares that nothing is being done for me).
I'm sorry to hear that, that is way, way out of line tbh at this stage if it wasn't sorted in the next week I would ring her boss.
[quote="Moet for me":2iu0a0xg]I'm sorry to hear that, that is way, way out of line tbh at this stage if it wasn't sorted in the next week I would ring her boss.[/quote:2iu0a0xg] Well I really didn't want to go down that route but I need my CV urgently to apply for a particular job, so I contacted the manager today and as nicely as I could explained the situation without naming anyone. We'll see what happens :wv
Good on you
Good on you
[quote="Moet for me":1h6rn41t]Good on you[/quote:1h6rn41t] Thanks :o0
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Good for you contacting the manager the direct route is the way to go. Shame your colleagues couldn't have been more helpful especially when they should known you can't move on without your full details. Hope you get sorted real soon and best of look with finding a new job! P.S I normally can't look at your posts I am so terrified of that picture thing you have on the side, I have seen many scary movies but that 'thing' in Pan Labyrinth scares the sh it out of me. :o0
[quote="2babridesoon":l58z525d]Good for you contacting the manager the direct route is the way to go. Shame your colleagues couldn't have been more helpful especially when they should known you can't move on without your full details. Hope you get sorted real soon and best of look with finding a new job! P.S I normally can't look at your posts I am so terrified of that picture thing you have on the side, I have seen many scary movies but that 'thing' in Pan Labyrinth scares the sh it out of me. :o0[/quote:l58z525d] Thanks a mil for all the kind wishes :wv Hahaha re the 'thing', I know what you mean. Sorry about that - I've been meaning to change that for ages. I'll have a look at it now actually :wv :o0