Am I being a bridezilla............!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

messi Posts: 234
Ive taken this whole wedding thing in my stride love organising so much so that with three months to go I have everything organised. Was thinking to myself not sure what all fuss is about organising a wedding no stress at all.................dat was until yesterday! Met with hotel last week told us they had twenty five rooms left for our date, we said grand we would get poeple on to start booking them. All of Oh family and friends not from area so wanted make sure they had a chance to book hotel. They gave us 'a great wedding discount of 15%' on accomodation prices for September which was fine no issues there. So firstly OH aunt rings hotel only to be told 'that wedding hasnt been confirmed...' morto it has been confirmed and deposit paid for past year not to mention we have been in three times confirming details ahhhhhhh and the third time we were in was only last week!!!! Anyway I was annoyed but said feck it was only a mistake wont say anything to them! Then OH Dad rings up to book rooms only be told there was only six rooms left ah hello you told us 25 two days ago like!!! Panic was on then nearly freaked where was everyone going to stay! So rang yesterday morning to be told that was a mistake there was rooms available. Big sigh of relief! Then I get a call last night from my BM saying she had booked hotel through their website and was cheaper than our 'disocunted rate'. So embarrassed I had given everyone the number of hotel said to ring and ask for wedding rate as we have a 'discount'!!!! Turns out no they were just screwing us!! Im soooooooo annoyed. Oh thinks Im overreacting and does not want me to ring them so he e-mailed them and nicely asked them to confirm rates. Me I just to ring up and killlllll someone. Am I over reacting, sorry for rant!! :duh:
Jawl Posts: 8881
Seems to be a catalogue of mistakes, I'd ring I think, explain to them the position you've been put in. Unfortunately my venue told me that the website rate depending on the sale of rooms closer to the time, could be lower than the discount they've given me, and all they've said is, well get your guests to book online in that instance and cancel the booking made through us.
Veruca-Salt Posts: 1542
I was hoping you were going to be a serious bridezilla, purely for entertainment value >:o) but no, I think your anger is totally justified. I would be giving the manager an earful, as Jawl said there have been a catalogue of mistakes regarding the rooms, not ok!
buddylove Posts: 3288
[quote="Veruca-Salt":14gdmnl0]I was hoping you were going to be a serious bridezilla, purely for entertainment value >:o) but no, I think your anger is totally justified. I would be giving the manager an earful, as Jawl said there have been a catalogue of mistakes regarding the rooms, not ok![/quote:14gdmnl0] Me too ! :-8 :o0 But no you are not a bridezilla.. You are depending on this hotel to come up trumps for the biggest day of your lives (for that day anyways!) and then you hear they havent got their act together! I also had this issue of room rates with my hotel and got them to drop my wedding price to the price they offered and noone is getting cheaper than us (apparantly!).. My OH was fuming at the time and threatened to cancel the wedding.. And he meant it as he said we were depending on them and they couldn't be bothered offering us the cheapest rate whilst Joe Soap off the street can get any deal they want! Stick up for yourself and dont let it stress you too much. I cried for days when we were arguing about our rooms, felt totally embarrassed and let down by the hotel but in the end it worked out in the end.. Ask for that rate, tell them you don't want ANY more issues about the rooms as its embarrassing and tell them you won't accept it. And then don't let it spoil your day!
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
I have also discovered that the wedding rate is more expensive than just booking online. When I spoke to other wollies on this it seems I am not alone so unfortuantley it seems to a norm for hotels. My plan is to just point my guests in the direction of the hotel website for booking rooms.
happyfamily Posts: 3323
That hotel sounds totally disorganised! I'd ask to meet with the general manager/owner and tell him about the issues. It doesn't inspire confidence for your big day so tell them that you want a bit of reassurance that they'll be a bit more on the ball in future!
cheekywife2011 Posts: 1076
No way are you being a bridezilla you are definitely well within your rights to give the hotel an earful, our hotel pulled that stunt with the hotel room rates and i read them the riot act as it was one of our guests that brought it to our attention got on to the hotel straight away and told them that it was highly embarressing for us etc they werent long changing the rates then absolutely disgraceful that hotels try to pull this
paperclips Posts: 3146
[quote="Veruca-Salt":1p0e0hov]I was hoping you were going to be a serious bridezilla, purely for entertainment value >:o) but no, I think your anger is totally justified. I would be giving the manager an earful, as Jawl said there have been a catalogue of mistakes regarding the rooms, not ok![/quote:1p0e0hov] Me too! You definitely need to have a word with the manager of the hotel. The same thing happened with a hotel that friends of ours had booked for their wedding. I was able to book a room for ourselves, but when a friend of DH asked me to book him a room I did so only to be told that there were no rooms available. This came a surprise seeing as there are over 100 rooms in the hotel. Anyway after much persisting and several calls later I was able to get a room for DHs friend at the wedding rate. I thought I better let the bride know about this situation, only to have my head bitten off and accused of being a liar by the bride (major Bridezilla moment). They had made x,y,z deals with the hotel so I was obviously lying about being told that there were no rooms available! It wasnt until a friend of ours mentioned it to the bride when we were all at another wedding a couple of weeks before their wedding that she actually believed what I had said to be the truth. Get onto the hotel and get it sorted!
Nobigdress Posts: 452
Im off to a wedding in June and the bride had told everyone the hotels special wedding rate was €140 but I found it cheaper online so it was only €105 (both included breakfast so no difference in package). I didnt tell the bride because we are not that close and Im sure the last thing she needs is pressure to re-contact everyone again, I recon its everyones own look out to get a cheaper price online. The reality is that the hotel is giving you a discount in advance. What happens online is difficult for them to foresee so either you get them to agree to match the cheapest online quote for the night at the time OR you just tell all your guests when contacting them about accomodation discounts to make sure to check online at the time in case there may be a better rate. Then its up to them.
queen30 Posts: 1551
id definitely do as other posters said and arrange a meeting with the manager and raise your concerns. apart from the annoyance with the hotel rooms, id be more peed off that they told someone that the wedding hadnt been confirmed. i mean it was only your aunt but what if it was some other guest theyd probably think something was wrong or something.