Am I being over sensitive?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

misssaucie Posts: 258
Hi girls, 2 of my close friends are married and they have been the "smug married" hounding me about my other half about getting engaged since we were probably only about a year together. They assumed my OH was not committed to me because we left it so long to get engaged but the reality was that we are in our early 30s now and loved our free and single years without any pressure of coming up with money we [b:qhpyru45]wouldn't [/b:qhpyru45]have had at the time to spend on a big day and we feel the time is right now. We are together 5 years now and he proposed with an amazing 2.55 carat solitaire last month and I think the green eyed monster is beginning to raise it's ugly head! My friends don't even ask to try on my ring O:| Their attitude towards me lately is nothing short of hostile :o( my sister who is married ( I was her bridesmaid and she will be mine) rarely talks about my big day and I just feel like I've spent the last few years putting my time and effort into other peoples lives, eg weddings, babies etc and now that my time has come it's like people dont like it that the limelight is off them. Am I being silly and over sensitive?
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Hi misssaucie, I wanted to say Congrats :o)ll I know how special it is, especially in these early months of the engagement. From my opinion you just have to be happy for your self and h2b, because sadly not every one will be as happy as you want them to be for ye, for a number of different reason and possibly it's very little to do with you or h2b these friend/family are possibly just too busy in their own lives. Here is another Congrats and your ring sounds fab! :o)ll
cat woman Posts: 897
congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll dont mind your friends there just jealous
whackywoman Posts: 1496
they are just jealous So would I be with the size of that ring Maybe they were scared by its brilliance. Congratulations enjoy all of the planning and excitment :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
angel baby Posts: 78
They probably think their weddings will be over shadowed by yours judging by the size of the ring! I just cant understand why people cant be happy for others. Mine are the same ...... they arent overly interested and it hurts! Just be happy for yerselves! xxx