Am I losing it?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ses Posts: 42
Regularly do pregnancy tests and they have been getting darker and darker. Im 7.5 weeks today and today it was way lighter.....did a second one to make sure it wasnt just the test and thats way lighter to. Is this it, am I losing bean? :(
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Ses I really dont know the answer but I have read that between the 8th and 10th week the HCG in your body can get lower so maybe its that??? Unfortunatly theres nothing much you can do about it unless you go and get a private scan or bloods and see if the baby is still growing :xxx
Idina Posts: 1289
Why are you wasting your money on pg tests??? The hcg hormone starts to drop off when the placenta starts to take over. Pg tests measure the hcg hormone. I'm not sur exactly when this happens I think it's about 8 weeks-stop testing!!! Go to the gp if you are worried and get them to check progesterone levels-I would say everything is fine -congratulations and best of luck
ses Posts: 42
To answer my own question - yes I was losing it. Thanks to those who replied. Unfortunately not a happy ending.
kizzie Posts: 218
Ses, sorry to hear this sad news... Look after yourself... :o(
babyforus Posts: 1619
So sorry to hear that Ses, I hope you are doing ok.
Idina Posts: 1289
Aw ses I'm so sorry :action32