Am I mad??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrsreddy Posts: 472
Hi Guys, I'm very broody at the moment! I got married last august and myself and my husband have been talking about starting a family. I am only 25 but my hubby is 34. Am i mad to be thinking about having babies this early? I'm very broody and all i can think about is coming off the pill and getting pregnant. Any advice would be grately appreciated!! Thanks :o)ll
andmybaby Posts: 648
Nope! Of course you're not mad! And there's never a good time to have a baby but otherwise when would you do it! If you feel like you both want to, talk about it and go for it I say. Best of luck!
mammybean Posts: 10364
do you feel ready? that is the main thing. i turned 25 the september and had my first baby in the november. he is 15 mnths nw and i have my secnd one n the way what i always say is if you feel ready then go for it. yu dont know how long it might take you to get pregnant!!
coconut Posts: 2183
[quote="Mrsreddy ":2c06r9rl]Hi Guys, I'm very broody at the moment! I got married last august and myself and my husband have been talking about starting a family. I am only 25 but my hubby is 34. Am i mad to be thinking about having babies this early? I'm very broody and all i can think about is coming off the pill and getting pregnant. Any advice would be grately appreciated!! Thanks :o)ll[/quote:2c06r9rl] Not at all i got married last jan and turned 25 in august i am now 15 wks pregnant and could not be happier! if it is something u want ur ages should not stop u!
YoungsWIfe Posts: 738
Nope you are not one bit mad :o)ll . I am 25 also I got married in December and found out in January I was expecting it was the best wedding pressent ever :o)ll .
MomToEmandJ Posts: 1977
not at all, i am 25 got married in march of last year and i'm nearly 7 weeks pregnant :o)ll :o)ll
mrs.july Posts: 3167
Another one here got married in July, turned 25 in Feb and babs due in August :o)ll :o)ll
candyfloss Posts: 704
Not being smart or anything but you might get a slightly biased view in this forum!! But i think you'll know yourselves when it's time to start and I don't think you're mad. If you post in the general forum you might get a more rounded discussion....but maybe subconsciously you just want us to say 'Go for it', in that case this is the right place. When I was 25 I was very immature, I'd never been in a long term relationship and I was just about to go back to uni. So a very different 25 to you. If I'd been in a position to have a baby sooner I would have, I'm 32 and I feel like I'll be very old when my baby grows up but at least I'm on the road now. It's true what the other poster said....you never know how long it'll take. Best of luck.
Mammyof2Princesses Posts: 3745
Not at all!! I was 25 when we got married in sept, DH had just turned 26. We will be both 26 when babs arrives in June please God!! We knew we were ready a long time ago, 25 is deffo not too young!!
NewMom1 Posts: 1252
not at all go for it and as DH is that little bit older than you I can understand that he wants to get underway asap- you sound ready so why wait!