Am I mad?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Greece Posts: 1800
Hey everyone, The girls on my thread already know about this but Im kind of shitting myself. In short, we went out LOOKING last Sat at baby stuff, just to get an idea of price etc. And we kinda ended up buying ALL the babys bedroom furniture. :eek :eek BUT :o)ll :o)ll Thing is, I was only 17 weeks on Sat. Everything appears to be ok and that but am I tempting fate? I suppose my question is....did anyone else buy stuff this early? It was really an impulse buy, only shop we went to was Tony Kealys, just saw it there, big sale, loved it and thought it was really good value. Havent told anyone because Im so early, it wont arrive until im about 20 weeks so Im hopeing thats a more normal time t ostart purchasing??
baba2010 Posts: 247
No - you're not mad. Imagine if you didn't get it and when you went back in a few weeks it was gone, you'd be raging! Congrats on your purchases - enjoy them when you get them!!
joeyl Posts: 100
dont sweat it - a bargain is a bargain >:o) we didnt buy until nearly the end but that just mean waddeling around ikea sweating (nice) so there are definately advantages to buying early !! seriously though im quite sure everything will be fne and its only superstition that says that you should hold off. im sure your nursery will look gorgeous and itll be great to have it all done while youre still mobile
Daff Posts: 11644
SAw a brilliant offer on the travel system we wanted and bought it - I was 6 weeks gone!!! :ooh Had it hidden in our dressing room til last Saturday!
Idina Posts: 1289
I didn't buy DS's furntiure til he was 3 months old!
TurtleBaby1 Posts: 693
Dont be thinking that way - people dont buy stuff in case something happens and they have to come home and look at the stuff. Do you think that if anything happened you'd feel any different if you had furniture or not - I dont think so. What you buy has no impact on your pregnancy and the more we all start to move away from superstitious Ireland the better. You are going to be nice and prepared and chilled out in your last few weeks - that is more important.
snowbear Posts: 2107
[quote="Mum2B2010":j1bftpjh]Dont be thinking that way - people dont buy stuff in case something happens and they have to come home and look at the stuff. Do you think that if anything happened you'd feel any different if you had furniture or not - I dont think so. What you buy has no impact on your pregnancy and the more we all start to move away from superstitious Ireland the better. You are going to be nice and prepared and chilled out in your last few weeks - that is more important.[/quote:j1bftpjh] I agree. People had stuff for me and I accepted it quite early in the pregnancy, it was nice to put the house to rights when I had time. And TK tend to store stuff till you need it anyway so it doens't have to be cluttering up the place!
wifin Posts: 4761
[quote="Mum2B2010":328y5f1t]Dont be thinking that way - people dont buy stuff in case something happens and they have to come home and look at the stuff. Do you think that if anything happened you'd feel any different if you had furniture or not - I dont think so. What you buy has no impact on your pregnancy and the more we all start to move away from superstitious Ireland the better. You are going to be nice and prepared and chilled out in your last few weeks - that is more important.[/quote:328y5f1t] + 1. We saw a great deal on the travel system that we wanted so we bought it....I was also 6 weeks :o0 Buying furniture is not going to make anything good or bad happen.