am i pregnant???? pls help

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hyde2b Posts: 27
:-8 hi all well heres my story last month completly messed up my pill, decided to take it afresh stating after my period which came in october, (cant rem how long for just assumed it was correct) so now its time for nov period that i got for 1 day !!! however i just got an urge while out shoping that some thing was up went the loo did a test and hey!! volia it says positive so cant believe it . tell hubby do another test diff brand positve again, still in shock no docs open till monday ,do you think i am cant fathom it i took pill religiously last month??? please help thanks girls x :wv
newone Posts: 1714
Hi. Well if two tests say it's positive it is looking like you are!! I know it is a shock but I am sure all will be fine!! Congratulations and good luck!!
Delish Posts: 4176
Did you have diarhoea or get sick at all last month? i'm no expert but apparently it is rare to get a false positive, as the test is picking up traces of the pregnancy hormone in your urine. It is more common to get a false negative (test not sensitive enough to pick up the traces of hormones). I think you are pregnant. The clear blue digital tests seem to be the best you can buy them in Dunnes and pharmacies. Might be no harm to check again, but 2 positives are pretty convincing.
Mrs Beasley Posts: 589
Thats correct - no such thing as a false positive, only false negatives, so it would seem that you are pregnant. Hope it all works out for you and that you are happy once it all sinks in xx
tlove Posts: 572
I agree with the other ladies. If you still dont believe it, get another test tomorrow and do it on monday morning. The first urination of the day is the best one to test with. Consider yourself lucky think of the many woman who are struggling to concieve. Best of luck and I hope all goes well for yous.
hyde2b Posts: 27
thanks for the replys girls i was planing on trying next year!!! but itsjust sooner then planned . did another test this morning poitive again so they cant all be wrong !!!!! thanku all wish me luck x :wv :wv
newone Posts: 1714
Hyde, congrats again! Better sooner than never! The very best of luck for a healthy and happy pregnancy!!
HoneyBee1973 Posts: 795
Congrats!
Daisyboo Posts: 1347
Congrats.
Sweetcheeks08 Posts: 317
Congrats hyde2b :o)ll :o)ll