Am I the only one who gets really irritated ...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs sarah c Posts: 522
Just wondering if I am the only person who gets irritated by Tracy aka gentlebirth who is all over this forum. She is constantly plugging her own agenda/business on this and Rollercoaster where she posts under the name calmbirth. Maybe I am just more realistic after having 2 children but I think you can do all the yoga/hypnobirth/gentlebirth classes in the world and still end up screaming for pain relief. I think I will be bold and start a"bad hypnonbirth experiences" thread... >:o)
lolabelle Posts: 3311
I think she is entitled to talk about her business, I'm sure she has paid enough for the privilege. I for one think its great to get as much information about birthing as possible. When I had my DD 9 years ago it was all about hospitals and monotoring and drugs. When we do finally get our BFP I will be glad that I have so much more information this time around so I can make a well informed decision about what way is best for me to give birth. If you don't like her threads simply ignore them.
mysteriousmise Posts: 1783
Well, she's an advertiser, so she's entitled to promote her services. (especially the special offer available to Aviva customers). Why wouldn't she post/give advice? Wol charges her for the privilege to do so and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Personally, and being on my first pregnancy, I find her posts and information interesting and reassuring. In addition, some of my friends have used her services and spoke very highly of them. Once I'm a bit further into this pregnancy, I intend to be availing of her services.
Dolliewollie Posts: 163
Well its all well and good for you thats had 2 kids already so you know what to expect but there's lots of us who are first timers who will try anything to try and keep us calm in labour regardless if in the end we need to scream for pain relief. As others have said she's a paying advertiser so she's entitled to post how often as she wants.
MrsPatience Posts: 1147
Have to agree with the rest of the girls on this, think its good to read other alternatives and why it might not of worked for you or you dont think it would work for anyone, there has to be some truth to it if she has her own company and and that avenue or method of birthing is widely recognised....dont read if you dont like it... :wv
goinloco Posts: 774
[quote="Dolliewollie":m4xjndxm]Well its all well and good for you thats had 2 kids already so you know what to expect but there's lots of us who are first timers who will try anything to try and keep us calm in labour regardless if in the end we need to scream for pain relief. As others have said she's a paying advertiser so she's entitled to post how often as she wants.[/quote:m4xjndxm] i agree!!
Anonmama Posts: 239
Tracy/Gentlebirth is paying to advertise and promote her business here. There are a lot of Gentlebirth mothers here, myself being one of them who had wonderful births and didn't 'scream for pain relief'. Don't knock it until you've tried it.
theoracle Posts: 7664
You just might be the only one! :o0 As others have pointed out, it might have escaped your attention that Tracy is in fact a registered supplier at WOL. I haven't myself availed of the hypno-birthing/gentle birth programme but have always read with interest articles and information Tracy has posted. I myself have 3 LOs and have had 2 very positive pain-relief free experiences and have used 1 of the techniques Tracy wrote about on this forum. I think we are all adults and know every birth is different and anything can happen, but I think it is no harm having positive outlook and anything that helps you keep calm and relaxed as much as possible is a plus in my book. On the other hand, I think it is always good to have a balanced view of things, so if there are ladies who do wish to share their experience albeit it being negative, please share!
Dying4it Posts: 19
I've never used Gentlebirth but I like reading what she says and I think it's interesting.
spanish mum Posts: 2468
mrs sarah c - looks like you may be the only one. I too have never availed of the gentle birthing programme but am always happy to read her interesting articles. I suppose the ebst thing you can do is if you see a posting/thread by her and you're not interested in it, then don't open it or read it.