Am I totally awful?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

feelsobad Posts: 693
Hi I am absolutely thrilled to be pregnant and so so happy as it took a while to get here, I sometimes can't believe how lucky we are. I will obviously be thrilled if our baby is healthy boy or girl. There is a tiny weeny bit of me that would like a little girl, eventhough I am convinced I am having a boy. I feel awful for even thinking that I would like one or the other. Feel terrible even typing it! Anyone else ever felt like this.
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
I think DH secretly wants a boy. He keeps calling our baby by the name he loves and referring to the baby as he. Then he says no I would like a girl cos I never pictured myself with a daughter. I think it's natural to have a small preference. To be honest I really don't care as it's our first and please God not our last.
notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Dont worry i think a lot of us are like that. I always wanted a little girl and have been sort of leaning towards hoping its a girl. It is a girl (well we are 99% sure) DH wanted a boy first. I dont think its wrong, i mean DH still is thrilled its a girl and if i find out they are wrong and its a boy ill still be over the moon. Mots girls wants girls and fellas want boys. But i know DH will be head over heels in love with her anyway. :lvs
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Not at all - I think that is completely normal, in fact DH tells me that I keep saying he to convince myself it is a boy to get myself used to the fact - because I would prefer a girl Last week I would have preferred a girl - this week because I have a great boys name picked out I would prefer a boy My parents will love either sex the same, but they already have a grandson so I think they might secretly want a girl, but they haven't said Alot of people have preferences
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Your not awful at all at first it was a girl for us then a boy for ages and now im back to a girl-the question is does it really matter? not one bit a long as baby is happy and healthy
feelsobad Posts: 693
thanks girls was feeling bad about it. SP - my hubbie says same that I keep saying its a boy to convince myself as I secretly would like a girl. But you know what you are all right as long as our little bubs is healthy it doesn't matter and sure I want a crew of kids anyway!!!! :o0 I think I was feeling bad also because last week a friend of mine had a little boy but he died a couple of hours later and I was thinking how selfish I had been even thinking about the sex when she was going through such a terrible time.
molls Posts: 149
I've always said I wanted a girl and that if I had a boy I'd try to do a swap with someone in the hospital. However, I'm 100% convinced I'm having a boy (and I'm not planning a swap). If I'm right I won't see the child too much as my sister REALLY REALLY wants a nephew and will probably kidnap the baby (well, if she doesn't explode with excitement when she finds out she's going to be an aunt).
charli Posts: 5994
when i was pg first time around i really really really wanted a girl - dont know why!! - i was convinced it was a boy and everyone would say they thought i was having a boy so lo and behold i was so shocked when they announced it was a cailin!! you are not awful - i think its a natural instinct for lots of women to be mad for a girl - i know now after having her that it really truly wouldnt have mattered if she had been a boy, the amazing feeling when your baby is born is sooo overwhelming, i didnt even ask what it was!! this time around i really, really dont mind :o0