american shoes sizes

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

specialbride Posts: 54
hi Chick! I came across a web site somewere on the form given you irish shoes sizes in amercia sizes, but i cant find it now can anyone help?? Please :o)ll
Buttons Posts: 157
It's two less than it is over here. So I'm a 10 in American shoe sizes but only an 8 here! :o)ll Most shoes will also come in half sizes over there, which can make it easier if you're a little in between sizes.
Alias Posts: 214
Actually, I'm usually a 5 (sometimes a 5 1/2) here, but I'm an 8 in american sizes. I calculate american sizes from european sizes - a 38 is an 8 in american sizes - just drop the 3 usually.
specialbride Posts: 54
well i'm an irish size 6 so i'd be so i'd be an 8 over their would i be right??
schratt Posts: 68
[quote:3c8ijz88]well i'm an irish size 6 so i'd be so i'd be an 8 over their would i be right??[/quote:3c8ijz88] or a 9. contact whoever you're buying it from and tell them what european size you are, they'll usually help. my web site (perfectdetails.com) calculated my size for me and told me the brand I was ordering runs small, so to order a size bigger. the shoes fit perfectly!
Bookworm Posts: 156
I bought some shoes on Amazon the other day & was totally confused! I'm UK size 5 or European size 38 - all good so far. I checked out the size on some shoes I bought in America & they were a 7. The sizing chart for the shoes on Amazon however says that Eur38 is the same as UK4.5. Problem with shoes is that you really have to try them on & where possible go by the manufacturers sizing. PS: Just looked at the shoes I have on now and they are 4.5 (non-leather) In summary - go by your Irish size and add 2.