Amount of personal information you post here

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

2557 Posts: 885
Hi Just a quick one for the very regular posters. Are you not concerned about the level of personal information you put on here? over the last 10 days are so, there's been: Where you live (location location location) what you work at what car you drive date of birth what age you were when you met H2b what school you went too describe yourself your second and third names favourite song am i just incredibly internet conscious or are you not putting yourself at risks to your identity been found out or internet security....after all anyone could be on here??? Also, there was a previous post about how many people know that you WOL and a lot of people said, no one but H2B. therefore, is it not a contrdiction in terms that you don't tell people that you post here but if they wanted too, they could very easily find out that you did?? just thought i'd throw it out there to get opinions.
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
I totally agree with you. You really have to be careful what you post. Especially if you don't want people finding out who you are or putting two and two together.
Maud Posts: 857
I always think that too, when I see those topics! I missed the one about middle and last names and didn't have time to actually look at the one about birthdays but I find I do scare myself sometimes by the stuff I give away! You know how it is- you are replying to a post and it seems there's only about ten people involved but then you look at the number of views and it's 300! That makes me think a bit!
Bugs Posts: 511
competely agree totallyshocked - love all the banter on WOL but there's no way I'd post all that kind of info. I worked in IT security in the past and you would be amazed by how much personal information is used and abused on the net.... also, I have to admit that those sort of posts are just starting to bore me now - I really am not that interested in when people's birthdays are or what their middle names are!!
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
I havent posted my full name anywhere and only gave the month and day of my birth. My 2nd and 3rd names are not on any of my official documentation so not too worried about that. Okay we do have to keep an eye on what personal info we post and once it is kept vague I am not too worried
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
i would actually agree yeah, i've kind of thought to myself...hmmm maybe i shouldn't answer this one or that one. I dont think i've really posted anything in general that i would mind anyone knowing about me, but you're right probably should be more concious of what i'm putting out there...guess i've just been thinking that since its all girls on here that you're a bit safer (which i know is total crap) off to delete some posts me thinks!!
Sunbeam Posts: 2721
I don't think I've posted anymore information that can't be found elsewhere. I'm not particularly worried, and probably won't be until I see the thread "What's your bank account number and sort code?"!!
Princess Cinders Posts: 11475
[quote:ucs8bcpv]I don't think I've posted anymore information that can't be found elsewhere. I'm not particularly worried, and probably won't be until I see the thread "What's your bank account number and sort code?"!![/quote:ucs8bcpv] Exactly, unless you have given out your name, address, date of birth and parents details I cant see that we should have anything to worry about
Frankie Posts: 1571
Arse, I went to delete a personal post - didn't realise it wasn't able to be edited & f-n bumped it by mistake. O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
pluppy Posts: 3519
he he frankie :lol: i try not to answer those posts but only because one day i know i'll bitch about someone that will know who i am ;)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8