amsterdam hotels

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
anyone got recommendations on hotels in amsterdam? something near they city but not mad expensive
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
The last 2 times I went to Amsterdam I booked a self catering apartment with www.staycity.com. We stayed in a fab apartment slap bang in the city centre
MrsBlues Posts: 5170
Not a hotel, but have to recommend this place: http://www.amsterdamescape.com I stayed there a couple of months ago and swore I'd never stay in a hotel in Amsterdam again. It is FANTASTIC! They literally think of everything, our luggage got lost on the way over so for the first night we had nothing with us, but this place covered everything, even down to a spare toothbrush. They have tv, ps2, video, selection of dvds & videos, games, kama sutra (!) you name it, they have it. They even got in some soya milk and cider for my h2b who can't have dairy or wheat. Can't recommend them highly enough.
dreamer Posts: 3941
Hi I stayed at the NH Caransa last October. The location was ideal, right in the city centre at the Rembrantplein. The lobby area wasn't the most inviting but our room was lovely and clean and had a fantastic shower and I really couldn't fault it at all The rates were very reasonable too. Plus you can get a tram direct to the front of the hotel from the central train station!
Easy Tiger Posts: 2676
Another cool place to stay is on a house boat. A lot of them are really modern and from the photos you would never know it was a boat. I'm raging I couldn't book one the last time we were there but we kinda went last minute. If you do a gogle search it'll bring up websites for you to book through
Walking Bump Posts: 2095
I've been to amsterdam about 20 times now. My aunt was married to a dutch man and still lives there. When i go to Amsterdam I usually stay in La Boheme it's a hotel on Marnixstraat which is just off leidseplein and really central (not too close to the red light either which I think is a bit seedy). HTH if you've any questions pm me!
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
thanks girls will look into all them package deals look good and cheaper then booking seperate but all stopping over in london easytiger that botel is available but i dont think i could sleep on the boat :ooh