Amsterdam

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snuddlums Posts: 1644
Hi we going to amsterdam in July so im just wondering any recomendations on hotels? Thanks
Claddagh1981 Posts: 1117
Oh I love Amsterdam. I have stayed in the Rembrant hotel, basic but very central (Herengracht district). It wasn't to expensive either if I remember right. If your looking for something a bit nicer the Park Plaza Victoria is fab and about 100 euro per night per room. Normally id stay 15/20 minutes drive out of the city center, much cheaper hotels and they normally have a shuttle bus on that goes every 2 hours to the city and back to your hotel for free, so might be worth looking into. The hotel out of the city was a best western hotel, but they have three or four of them, one at the airport, which would be to far out, one close to the city and another on Dam square all about 60 euro per night. There are much cheaper ones but in my experience I go for the little more expensive because the cheaper ones can be a little grubby.....check out groupon too because im sure there was a deal for two nights on there for about 150 euro per person including meals, they might still have it. Hope that helps a little :wv
Roxanne Posts: 3201
We've been twice and each time we've stayed at the same apartment. This is the website: http://www.linnaeussuite.nl/index.php?lang=eng Here are some reviews on Trip Advisor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/VacationRent ... vince.html It's really beautiful, like a five star hotel but so much cheaper than even a fairly basic hotel. There's a balcony and a gorgeous roof garden and there was a bottle of bubbly chilling in the fridge when we arrived. It's about a ten minute tram ride from the centre, but in a really nice spot by a park, canal, lots of nice caf├ęs etc. I can't recommend it highly enough, and Lidy, the owner, was lovely too. Have a great trip, it's a beautiful city!