an apology to all the TTC'ers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
Hi there ladies, I owe you all an apology.... i've been WOLing since last spring and more recently since i got married i've been reading more of the posts in P&B. I used to get annoyed by some of the posts about "AF due in x days, should i test" etc and wondered why people wouldn't wait until they had missed period and were getting symptoms (morning sickness etc) before testing (ie when there was some proof of possible pregnancy) and used to wonder why you'd all put so much pressure and stress on yourselves. Well, DH and i are now TTC and i know exactly where you are all coming from. I am obsessed with my OPKs now - and have been testing for LH surge even though i know it's unlikely for another few days. It's all i can do not to test 2 or even 3 times a day. I got AF on New year's eve and even though logically i am not ovulating till this weekend i have been testing since saturday. I'm going to be broke if i can't break the habit. I was crushed when AF arrived even though it was only the second month we've been TTC. So, I hope you'll accept this embarrassed apology :-8 and that i'll be talking to some of you over the next few months. Babydust to all of us :babydust: :babydust: :stork:
mammybean Posts: 10364
ah clucky i was the same til i was ttc. i have a test upstairs since last month cos i got af half an hour after testing. wondering how many days before af is due i will actually hold out before i use it h2b hates it when it is due cos i am on and on and on and obsessed, he cant handle it!
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Ginger Nut you're a sweetie! :thnk I think I was the same at the start but it quickly becomes an obsession! I wasted 3 ovulation sticks this month, and they're not cheap! It's just so exciting peeing on that stick!!!!! I think it's just the thought of what could be... Have to say I'm getting a kick out of it at the moment. But some of the girls on here are at the point where they're well and truly fed up with it and it is eating into every waking moment and is really hard. So we have to all be really patient and kind to each other and sprinke each other with :babydust: on a regular basis!
ginger nut Posts: 5989
[quote="BlackCat":1kgfhmb1] [b:1kgfhmb1]So we have to all be really patient and kind to each other [/b:1kgfhmb1]and sprinke each other with :babydust: on a regular basis![/quote:1kgfhmb1] these are very wise words BlackCat... :thnk
mammybean Posts: 10364
sre she is so wise!! everyone here i. so when is AF due gingernut
HisWife Posts: 314
It's gas isn't it. When I joined WOL i thought that all the B2B'S were completely obsessed with their wedding and swore never to become one-but low and behold I became addicted. I regularly browse through P&B too not that we are TTC, but because most of the Wollies who got married the same time as me (Oct 06) are here already!!! But isn't it great to be able to ask all the silly questions etc as everyone is in the same boat. Good Luck to you all, you're great!!!!
Snugglebuggle Posts: 1084
Hi Gingernut, Just see that you were due your AF on New Years Eve aswell I was the same they arrived was so dissapointed aswell.Ovulationg this weekend aswell not using any kits though ??I have seen from alot of posts that lots of people are using them,I just went in on Dr amy and it told me when I was ovulating so will see how it goes lets hope this is our month aswell. Best of luck to all us girls TTC and congrats to all who got BFP. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Obsessed???? Who's obsessed???? (PF5 refreshing screen every 2 seconds ) :o0 :o0 :o0 If my boss knew how much time I was spending on this forum he would not be happy! However, I know for a FACT that I would not have got my BFP if it were not for all of your girls. I probably would never have bought the OPKs. :thnk :xxx :xox :lvs Thanks to you all. And tons of :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: :babydust: to all those TTC