Angie

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Justine Posts: 97
Hi, anyone hear from Angie and how her eye surgery went? Have my 1st consultation on 31st March and would love to know how she's doing. Angie was having her surgery in Optilase. Thanks Justine.
cheile Posts: 1202
I would really like to know too :lol:
sparkles Posts: 293
Hi Folks, Angie got her eye surgery done Tuesday week last, she wasn't too bad that day, the day after it was uncomfortable for her but she is in fighting form and can see without the use of her glasses and contacts. She's back to work so no doubt she'll be on here soon. Sparkles
Hi Sparkles Thanks a million, I'll be dying to hear from her, so glad all went well, its such a huge step, thanks again Justine.
Carmen Posts: 510
Well its great to know I was missed on here! Back to work yesterday after having the surgery last Tuesday and I have to say it was the best thing that i ever did. Feel brilliant now although i was quite uncomfortable from wednesday until saturday with it. The surgery itself was pain free and very quick. About 20 minutes and it was all over although it felt like 5 minutes. The staff were all lovely and very friendly and really put me at ease which was great. And when it was all over I could see straight away. They recommed you take 5-6 days off work which i did and i was really glad i did because i just slept all week. The total cost was €2900 but i have a vivas policy which will pay €1000 for me and then i am hoping i can claim 42% of it back in tax so it isnt actually that expensive when you look at it like that. Thats just a very quick overview of it but if anybody wants more details I am happy to oblige. Justine I think you are doing the right thing and you wont look back from it (slight pun!!) I walked in the rain the other day and i didnt need wipers, it was brilliant!
MrsHappy* Posts: 2496
Thanks for letting us know how you got on. I want to book an appointment over the summer. I might get onto you over the summer to see how you are getting on if that is OK. I really hate wearing glasses and can't wait to get rid of them.
Carmen Posts: 510
No problem Honey. Just let me know if I can be of any help or inspiration!
Hi Angie Just pm'd you but that brilliant, congrats and delighted it all went well, I've my first consultation on the 31st so I'm hoping I'll be accepted. Keep you posted. Justine.