Annebrook Mullingar

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dusky1 Posts: 115
Hi ya's has anyone been married r been to a wedding in Annebrook in Mullingar?my friend is thinking of gettin married there so just wanna get some feedback for her Tanx
whchic Posts: 76
Hi Dusky1 We looked at this hotel when we were looking at hotels but decided against it cause I didn't like the shape of the room. I know that sounds silly but with the L shape you'd have to be very careful where to put the top table or a lot of people wouldn't be able to see it. Also, a lot of people to the right of the bar won't be able to see the projector screen if your friend is showing photos during the meal. In the end we were glad we didn't choose it cause a few friends of mine have been to weddings there since and said that due to the low ceiling in the function room the room gets very hot and smelly :o( Sorry to sound so negative, but hope this has helped.
HI Whchic Tanx for feedback,Theres 2 function rooms so do you know which one has a low ceiling?? Ill pass dis info on to my friend cheers xoxox
Hi Dusky1 I only remember seeing one function room when we were there.. Can't be 100% sure but think it was just round the corner (?) from the lift, probably facing towards street as far as I can remember. Think there were two sets of doors into it - either side of the bar. It was almost as if the room was a U that went round the bar.. I have been the restaurant there and the food was nice - don't want you to think I'm dissing the place altogether! :o0
Hi whchic Apparently theres a suite on the 1st floor for larger weddings and for a smaller venue there is the orginal room??i'm just going by what my friend told me :o0 Tanx for the feedback whether its good r bad,every bit helps!! xoxo
Hi again! Think the room we saw was on the first floor.. Remember being in the original house but as our wedding will probably be quite large (!) he was more keen to show us the function room in the newer part of the hotel.. Has your friend looked at anywhere else?
shivers54 Posts: 32
We had our wedding in the Annebrook house and have to say we could not recommend it enough. The staff, food and service is second to none! PM me if you have any questions.