Menu

Annoyed by bridal shop

Go to Let off steam

loslo10
New Wolly

Annoyed by bridal shop

Postby loslo10 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi, I don't normally post but I am quite annoyed/upset with the shop where I bought my dress. I saw the dress back in January on a Wednesday with my Mum. I wanted my sisters to see it before I decided to buy it but the shop told me it was only in for a few days and going back on the Friday. One of my sisters managed to get in to see it the following day but my other sister was away so didn't. The owners knew it meant a lot to me to have my sisters see the dress. I decided to go ahead and buy it anyways. They kept telling me now that I had bought the dress they would not sell that dress again to ensure it was unique. I was happy with that, although still a little disappointed my sister/maid of honour didn't get to see the dress in real life.
Fast forward to this week and the dress has been posted up on Facebook as dress of the week. I have messaged them to tell them I am really unhappy with this as I was under illusion that dress had to go back in January and I was told that dress would definitely not be sold again. I havent heard back yet. I don't know if I am being irrationally upset by this but I feel like I was pulled in by a really crappy sales pitch. My Mum paid for the dress and she is also quite upset about it.

MissyM67
Mini Wolly

Re: Annoyed by bridal shop

Postby MissyM67 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:42 am

Hi there, that does sound annoying alright. Normally I'd never really think about whether anyone else would have my dress (as long as none of my friends had the same one), but if they're using this as a unique selling point to trick people into thinking no one else will have this dress, and you bought it on that assumption then that's very unfair. Would you call into them and speak to the manager? If you love the dress, try not to worry about other people having it (I know that's easier said than done), or if you'd rather a refund, it sounds like you should be entitled to one.

Joe Root
New Wolly

Postby Joe Root » Thu May 11, 2017 9:39 am

nice post

Sharsha
New Wolly

Postby Sharsha » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:54 am

Hi loslo10,
MissyM67 is right, sounds like they are using the dress as a unique selling point!! Did you ask if the Dress is a Sample dress? because if it's a sample dress hopefully you got it for a sample price. If that dress had to go back in january it's more likely they'll sell it sample price! Do you have the dress or have they sent it back and told you they're ordering another dress same? They should'nt've posted on Fbk if it's supposed to go back, i think because you taken an interest in the dress they'll try and advertise it to see what interest they receive! Either way it's very unprofessional posting it on Fbk.
Good luck and again i agree with MissyM67 if you like the dress try not to worry other people seeing or buying one same. Good luck with this. :)

LauraAdams.77
New Wolly

Postby LauraAdams.77 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Sharsha wrote:Hi loslo10,
MissyM67 is right, sounds like they are using the dress as a unique selling point!! Did you ask if the Dress is a Sample dress? because if it's a sample dress hopefully you got it for a sample price. If that dress had to go back in january it's more likely they'll sell it sample price! Do you have the dress or have they sent it back and told you they're ordering another dress same? They should'nt've posted on Fbk if it's supposed to go back, i think because you taken an interest in the dress they'll try and advertise it to see what interest they receive! Either way it's very unprofessional posting it on Fbk.
Good luck and again i agree with MissyM67 if you like the dress try not to worry other people seeing or buying one same. Good luck with this. :)

Exactly! You are right O-O

Go to Let off steam