Annoying little habits?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
Does your husband/h2b have any annoying little habits or have you beat him out of them all? :o0 Mine used to clean down the work tops, but clean AROUND the toaster, and AROUND the kettle instead of lifting them up and it bugged me. After mucho strops from me, he now cleans under them :o0 He used to also have this really sh itty habit of putting towels, jackets, clothes hung off the top of the door. So the place looked a mess and no doors would close properly. AFter a weekend visit to his ex's daughters place, I realised she does the very same, so it's a hangover from his ex! Ha, ha. He no longer does it! :o0 I found two pairs of clean boxers on the floor behind the door this morning, asked him if they were dirty and he informed me no, they'd come in off the clothes lilne, and he didn't bother putting them away as he'd need them for the next 2 days :o0 I will never get him out of the 'but i'll need it so why put it away' habit fully, he always relapses :o0 But it beats when we moved in together first and he used to leave salt, sauce etc on the table 'as we'll need them again tomorrow' :duh: I love him really though, and I bet my annoying habits are a much longer list than his! :o)ll
happieout Posts: 3111
Mine has a slight touch of OCD i think.. for example He cannot sit down and relax until everything is washed up, it has to be done immediately. Is constantly putting things away and tidying away things that I'm not finished with yet - like newspapers. Has to have things in presses organised in a particular way.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Oh so many! He never closes cupboard doors He never closes the dishwasher He never closes his bedside locker drawers (he can't because when he takes something out he leaves all the rest of the stuff trailing out) He never closes his wardrobe If he is making a sauce he'll stir it and then leave the sauce-covered spoon on the clean worktop - no matter how many times I've asked him to rest it on the edge of the saucepan If he is chopping garlic or onions he never fails to drop the outer layers on the floor and he leaves them there He never replaces the toilet roll when he uses the last of it, same for kitchen paper He clatters around the place in the morning when he has to be up an hour before me If we're watching a DVD and I have to pause it for any reason he switches back over to the TV - even if it would only be paused for 20 seconds. This does my head in! But...he does all of the cooking and hoovering so they are all overlooked!
[quote="greeniegirl":gnt4ocjo]Mine has a slight touch of OCD i think.. for example He cannot sit down and relax until everything is washed up, it has to be done immediately. Is constantly putting things away and tidying away things that I'm not finished with yet - like newspapers. Has to have things in presses organised in a particular way.[/quote:gnt4ocjo] He sounds like my dream man :o0
AnthonyHutton Posts: 2235
[quote="greeniegirl":39iditp2] He cannot sit down and relax until everything is washed up[/quote:39iditp2] he sounds like a complete monster unless its you he makes do the washing up then it's all a bit.. he likes his towels on the handrail.. just so.. otherwise he gets.... angry
NAUGHTYDAISY Posts: 1734
He eats really loudly and this drives me mad. Sometimes when he sits next to me eating I want to kill him. Once when he was eating crisps like a savage I was so annoyed I text my sister to tell her what a savage he was but accidently sent it to him instead. I was laughing and he took it as a joke but it has not stopped him eating like theres no tomorrow. He is really bad with details, times and dates. A couple of times he has booked flights/hotels for the wrong dates and once made us miss a flight to France because he got the times wrong. Don't leave him in charge of anything like that anymore. :duh:
Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
If I was to name half the stuff that annoy me about DH youd think I hated him >:o) >:o) >:o)
jamjars Posts: 1721
[quote="greeniegirl":37gjt4eo]Mine has a slight touch of OCD i think.. for example He cannot sit down and relax until everything is washed up, it has to be done immediately. Is constantly putting things away and tidying away things that I'm not finished with yet - like newspapers. Has to have things in presses organised in a particular way.[/quote:37gjt4eo] :o0 :o0 What exactly is your complaint?!
[quote="NAUGHTYDAISY":ptu87gm5]He eats really loudly and this drives me mad. Sometimes when he sits next to me eating I want to kill him. Once when he was eating crisps like a savage I was so annoyed I text my sister to tell her what a savage he was but accidently sent it to him instead. I was laughing and he took it as a joke but it has not stopped him eating like theres no tomorrow.[/quote:ptu87gm5] :o0 We were watching TV one evening and all I could see out of the corner of my eye was H2B's arm reaching for crackers - it was non-stop and the noise of him eating was so loud. I just snapped and yelled "Oh will you Just. Stop. Eating!". He still says its one of worst things I've ever said to him :o0
jamjars Posts: 1721
[quote="AnthonyHutton":29npo6jv]then it's all a bit.. he likes his towels on the handrail.. just so.. otherwise he gets.... angry[/quote:29npo6jv] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: